New Issue With Genie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
I noticed two shows I normally watch were not recording. So I went in the menu under recordings and went to upcoming and I only have four shows listed. If I go to the channels in the guide there's not R on that program. Under Series manager they are listed and I have it set to only record new episodes.

After checking with the information the episodes coming up are new. I did do a reboot right before that so I'm not sure if it takes time for the DVR to work this out or if something is broke here.

I noticed two shows I normally watch were not recording. So I went in the menu under recordings and went to upcoming and I only have four shows listed. If I go to the channels in the guide there's not R on that program. Under Series manager they are listed and I have it set to only record new episodes.

After checking with the information the episodes coming up are new. I did do a reboot right before that so I'm not sure if it takes time for the DVR to work this out or if something is broke here.

Was this your "To Do" list ?
If not, check there.

Was this your "To Do" list ?
If not, check there.

Under to do list they're missing, under series manager the shows have (0) beside them, but in the guide the info says they're new shows coming up. My DVR doesn't show them as recording. Now If I go to the guide and hit (R) it will then list the show in the to do list.

Under to do list they're missing, under series manager the shows have (0) beside them, but in the guide the info says they're new shows coming up. My DVR doesn't show them as recording. Now If I go to the guide and hit (R) it will then list the show in the to do list.

I would go back in the guide and hit Record on your programs again and keep an eye on it for a few weeks.

I use my To Do list quite regularly.

After watching TV for awhile I went back in to the To Do list and now I have 11 shows set to record, however my guide says To Be Announced on every channel if I go into tomorrow or later. So I don't know if my guide isn't be downloaded or if it just need to update overnight. Anyone else ever experience this issue?

After watching TV for awhile I went back in to the To Do list and now I have 11 shows set to record, however my guide says To Be Announced on every channel if I go into tomorrow or later. So I don't know if my guide isn't be downloaded or if it just need to update overnight. Anyone else ever experience this issue?

I had that happen on one of my recvrs a few weeks ago, I did a menu reset and all was well the next day.

under the menu options there is one that says "restart receiver"...basically like a red button reboot

because you did a reboot it will take overnight to update the guide. Check tomorrow and all should be fine

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts