New JOB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TREE

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 14, 2009
East TN
I just got a job working for Dish as an installer! I have 8wks of training coming up...that seems a little to much don't you think? How long did some of you train? They gave me a 4,000 signing bonus, van, tools, uniform, the works! After subcontracting for Comcast cable, barely making ends meet, I think I'm going to be in HEAVEN!

Jared Twomey

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 7, 2005
Tacoma, WA
Welcome, you may want to check out the installer forum...
http://www.satelliteguys.us/installer-zone/

and don't get your hopes up too much, there is a reason they offer a sign on bonus... cause they can't keep installers. There is a reason for that and you will understand soon enough.
Check out the other forum if you have any questions about the job.

Mr. Carter

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 15, 2009
central wi
subbing for commie cast and not able to make ends meet? Wait til you get a look at what you're expected to do for the big $$'s dish isn't gonna pay ya.:D

TREE

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 14, 2009
East TN
LOL!! O.k. guys I'm now running to the hills I guess. Big money...11.00 an hr. is nothing I know, but it is a steady pay check and no gas $$$ out of my pocket=sign me up. I actually enjoy this kind of work. I'm not worried about the money because...well just because;) The sub co. I work for was horrible...I got paid per job and worked by balls off. The Dish guy said I would start with around 2-3 jobs per day. I'm used to 10-15 new cable installs a day?? I'm sure there is a catch, but if I spend 3 hours at a house...something is up. I kinda figured the bonus was shady. Thanks guys.

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
congratulations on your new job:) take care of it since jobs are hard to come by these days.

TREE

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 14, 2009
East TN
Keep low in the attic. :D
:cool:Yeah tell me about it! It's hard moving this 7ft 300lb frame around, but luckly I have not had that much trouble in an attic or crawl space. I just hate it when the temp is about 130 degrees in an attic:eek:! This one time i was doing an install at a pretty rundown house and found dirty needles in the crawl space!:eek::eek::eek: Be careful out there guys!

Koilvr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 5, 2008
In a house
Woooo you quote GENESIS 1:26 but yet you have a really bad mouth. Hmmm; must be nice to be a bible thumper when someone cusses you out, but when you cuss it is ok right? 2 face people are everywhere, your in east Tenn no wonder your 2 faced. Alot of people in east Tenn are 2 faced.

Randall DBS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 29, 2005
Jonesborough, Tennessee
Woooo you quote GENESIS 1:26 but yet you have a really bad mouth. Hmmm; must be nice to be a bible thumper when someone cusses you out, but when you cuss it is ok right? 2 face people are everywhere, your in east Tenn no wonder your 2 faced. Alot of people in east Tenn are 2 faced.

Excuse me I live in East TN what are you trying to say there pal? :mad:

Koilvr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 5, 2008
In a house
I am sayin what I see. I lived in calif all my life. I get a job transfer to knoxville and boy are people here rude as hell and talk soo much crap behind peoples back. Why does everyone in East Tenn wanna know how much I make? Then get mad at me for makin more money then them?

Koilvr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 5, 2008
In a house
I agree and I get dirty looks when ever I go out to dinner I am customed to tip my waiters Waitresses. I was told by many that leavin a $20 dollar tip is too much and not to do that. But when I talk to the people bringin me my food that they get $2.00 an hour and the rest the company expects the waiters to make up in tip is ridiculous. In calif waiters and waitresses get paid $9.25 an hour then they also get tip on top of that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts