New Kid Questions: Dish 500 Quad & Terk 42

hiskid1973

Dec 1, 2006
Hi All. Great Forum Here..I had Sky Angel for many years but due to health I have increased my programming options by getting D 500..My setup is a quad 500 and a single, both legacy. I just have one 301 reciever..I have the quad and the single feed an sw-21. My first question is occasionally I go from sky angel to D500 and get an error message about not recieving satellite..I run the switch check and everything is fine afterwards and I get all the channels. All the connections are tight. I am wondering if the sw21 causes this. My other question is that we live in a mobile home and the reception is better if I stick the rabbit ears out the window. I wanted to bring the broadcast stations in without drilling another hole so I got the Terk 42..I hooked it up to the D500 since it is at the peak of the shed. I followed the instructions but there is no broadcast signal coming out the diplexer, sat signal is great..Is it getting lost by the sw 21 or the quad lnb or should I run it thru the single 61.5 lnb..Thanks for the help. May God Bless You..kid

I don't have the manual with me but it does look like you have the wiring wrong. So you'll have Quad and Single combined with SW21, output goes to the Terk42 and then at the receiver you use the diplexer that comes with it to diplex the combined signals.

Welcome to Satelliteguys.us!

Take a look at the picture.

- You combine 119 and 110 with a SW21.
- Run the output of the SW21 to Input 1 on the Terk42
- Run the Output 1 from the Terk 42 to where the receiver is located.
- Use one of the indoor diplexers included and connect it to the run coming from the dish.
- Connect one cable from the port labeled SAT IN to the satellite receiver.
- Connect one cable from the port labeled ANT IN to your TV (antenna in).

Attachments

• TV44_OMPage 12.jpg
    TV44_OMPage 12.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 211
Thanks.. I see the Terk has to go after the sw-21..I knew the quad 4 has a switch built in for the 119/110. Having the terk going thru the quad could also be the reason I am having to run the check switch alot because it loses the 110/119 signal. The 61.5 works great. After I do that everything is ok for a day or two..Thanks..God Bless You..kid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)