New Line releasing Pan's Labyrinth Dec. 26

CochiseGuy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
Cochise County, Arizona
Yeah, I know we don't usually create new new threads for new releases (it would get pretty messy pretty quickly), but as this is the first confirmed HD DVD release this year for New Line, I thought it deserved a special announcement. From HighDefDigest -

New Line Brings 'Pan's Labyrinth' to HD DVD & BD

In the studio's first dual-format day-and-date high-def release, New Line will bring the Oscar-winning 'Pan's Labyrinth' to Blu-ray and HD DVD this December.

Ever since New Line finally announced it was jumping into high-def with last month's announcement of 'Hairspray,' 'Pan's Labyrinth' has been one of the most highly-anticipated catalog titles for next-gen release in the studio's library. Now the wait is over, and both HD DVD and Blu-ray fans will be able to feast on Guillermo Del Toro's highly-acclaimed, multiple Oscar-winning fairy tale when it streets December 26.

New Line will be pulling out all the stops for 'Labyrinth,' which will come loaded with bonus features. Among the extras is a video prologue and audio commentary by Del Toro, two featurettes, an interactive "Director's Notebook," extensive storyboard and still galleries, an excerpt from the "Charlie Rose Show" with Del Toro, and a Marketing Campaign gallery with trailers and other ad materials.

Exclusive to the high-def versions will be an enhanced picture-in-picture video commentary with cast & crew interviews and behind-the-scenes footage, while the HD DVD will also enjoy web-enabled content (to be announced at a future date).

Tech specs are equally impressive, with 1080p video (codec TBA) and a DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio track in 7.1 Surround -- so far the studio's first high-def title to be confirmed with high-resolution audio.

:clap:clap

I've really been looking forward to Pan's Labyrinth and considering importing, but hoping New Line would come through.

pan.jpg

Yeah, I know we don't usually create new new threads for new releases (it would get pretty messy pretty quickly), but as this is the first confirmed HD DVD release this year for New Line, I thought it deserved a special announcement. From HighDefDigest -

:clap:clap

I've really been looking forward to Pan's Labyrinth and considering importing, but hoping New Line would come through.

pan.jpg

Excellent movie.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)