New List Of Channels On Fios By July

tvwatchingdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
These are the new channels that should be added by July. There will be more to come obviously if they want to have 150hd channels by the end of the year. These are the so called first wave channels

48 SD Channels

23 of these 48 channels will be Globecast International Programming

MLB Extra Innings and NHL center ice will compromise 14 of the 48 channels

THE REST ARE

GMA Pinoy TV
RFD TV
Zee TV
Veria TV
Current TV
World Championship Sports Network
Reelz
The Florida Channel (VHO 2 only)
WAPA TV
Setanta Sports
Big Ten Network

AND NOW THE HD CHANNELS WILL BE

Animal Planet HD
TBS HD
ESPNews HD
Big Ten Network HD
The History Channel HD
MOJO HD
CNN HD
The Learning Channel HD
Showtime Too HD East
Cinemax West HD
The Science Channel HD
Showtime HD West
HBO West HD
The Weather Channel HD
Starz Edge HD
USA HD
Versus / Golf HD
Starz Comedy HD
Bravo HD
CNBC HD
Starz Kids and Family HD
Outdoor Channel HD
SCI FI HD
Lifetime HD
Smithsonian HD
Pay Per View HD (Events)

Apparently they are counting the pay per views as channels.

I think FIOS should add VOOM HD, and Euronews, but i havent heard anything about those yet.

That is good news. What is the source of your information? And I assume you mean that this applies nationally to FioS customers, right?

well yes it is national, but the timings these channels are added in different markets, could be different. you see it all depends on the offices that have turned off there all analog feed.

these are the dates for the offices that are going too all digital.
IN(VHO10) 4/1
VA(VHO9) 4/7
VA(VHO9a) 4/14
NY(VHO5) 4/21
MA(VHO6) 5/12
RI(VHO6a) 5/12
DE(VHO8) 6/2
PA(VHO8) 6/2
NJ(VHO8) 6/2 (southern NJ, Philly market)
NJ(VHO7) 6/23 (northern NJ)
MD(VHO4) 7/21
VA(VHO4) 7/21 (northern VA)
FL(VHO2) 8/18
CA(VHO3) 9/1
T:mad:VHO1) 9/22

as you can see maryland, california, virginia, florida, and texas will most likley get them very late in the year.

well yes it is national, but the timings these channels are added in different markets, could be different. you see it all depends on the offices that have turned off there all analog feed.
Sorry to beat you up on this.... but like dlma1 said, what's the source?

Verizon propoganda?

I'm about 4 seconds from canceling due to lack of HD channels and other account shenanigans they're playing with me.

I hate tv providers.

A la carte!!!

Sorry to beat you up on this.... but like dlma1 said, what's the source?

Verizon propoganda?

I'm about 4 seconds from canceling due to lack of HD channels and other account shenanigans they're playing with me.

I hate tv providers.

A la carte!!!

I know a verizon guy who confirmed this. It has even been in the news that they will add 150 hd channels by the end of the year. This list is not very extrordinary anyway, I wish they matched cablevision's channels, and then some. For real who cares about RFD (rural tv) or some other weirdo channels they have, like the retirement channel. But anyway this is welcome good news. I wish they would have added Monsters HD and the rest of voom. OH wellllllll...............

I wish they would have added Monsters HD and the rest of voom. OH wellllllll...............
...perhaps a deal may be in the works now that Dish Network violated the affiliate agreement. In any case, Big Ten Network will be a welcome addition (just hope its for all customers and not just those living in Big Ten states) and my wife will be glad to have Lifetime HD added to her Lifetime Movie Network HD channel. Other than the lackluster HD DVR and some billing unresolved billing (tired of getting credits each month and being promised it will be resolved), we really love the service.

These are the new channels that should be added by July. There will be more to come obviously if they want to have 150hd channels by the end of the year. These are the so called first wave channels

48 SD Channels

23 of these 48 channels will be Globecast International Programming

MLB Extra Innings and NHL center ice will compromise 14 of the 48 channels

THE REST ARE

GMA Pinoy TV
RFD TV
Zee TV
Veria TV
Current TV
World Championship Sports Network
Reelz
The Florida Channel (VHO 2 only)
WAPA TV
Setanta Sports
Big Ten Network

AND NOW THE HD CHANNELS WILL BE

Animal Planet HD
TBS HD
ESPNews HD
Big Ten Network HD
The History Channel HD
MOJO HD
CNN HD
The Learning Channel HD
Showtime Too HD East
Cinemax West HD
The Science Channel HD
Showtime HD West
HBO West HD
The Weather Channel HD
Starz Edge HD
USA HD
Versus / Golf HD
Starz Comedy HD
Bravo HD
CNBC HD
Starz Kids and Family HD
Outdoor Channel HD
SCI FI HD
Lifetime HD
Smithsonian HD
Pay Per View HD (Events)

Apparently they are counting the pay per views as channels.

I think FIOS should add VOOM HD, and Euronews, but i havent heard anything about those yet.

nice thats good news because im getting fios in the next month or so and also u really don't want VOOM because cablevision are the only ones left with it and cablevision might not resign a contract with them, so that would make VOOM history

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)