New Local Weather Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

redelephants

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Panhandle Florida
Does anyone know where or when this newly promised weather channel geared toward local weather is? We were told that this would be a vast improvement over what we currently get from Dish/weather channel and would be coming this summer. Anything?? I am so tired of hearing "soon".

None of us know. Anybody's guess.

This is something that local OTA stations will likely always do best.

Apparently, channel 213 has disappered into the Bermuda Triangle, never to be seen again.

DISH advertised in their own publication in 2006? a local on the 8s that never happened. Directv was able to pull it off using zip codes. So, I guess "soon" is the best answer, maybe!

Or perhaps Dish Network hopes we will "forget". I was at somebody's house that has Time Warner cable and saw their local weather channel and I really liked it. The first screens showed watches and warnings in the area and then a radar zoomed into the area. The next screens zoomed the radar out each time to show a bigger area. Great for when people have to travel in which we had to do.

Veteran personality Bill Keneely out at TWC

Since this "The Weather Channel" (TWC) topic has resurfaced, I thought many of you may find it interesting that on-air personality/meteorologist Bill Keneely is officially out the door at TWC. He was one of the few remaining originals -- he started in March 1982, two months prior to TWC's launch. He was apparently allowed no kind of on-air farewell, though over the past few years he'd been relegated to late-night weekends. IMHO, TWC keeps going downhill faster and faster. I REALLY wish Dish would've given them the finger a few months back during their carriage dispute and permanently pulled the plug on 'em. I have my NOAA weather radio, local station sub-channels, and the internet to provide all the weather info I need.

Eric

Or perhaps Dish Network hopes we will "forget".
That's what I think Dish does... They tease their customers with something, claim it's "new" and better and remember "just like on cable", then let it fall by the wayside.
I was at somebody's house that has Time Warner cable and saw their local weather channel and I really liked it.
This is the aspect I ALWAYS point out as I suspect many people have never seen TWC on a cable system, so to them, the half-a** arrangements Dish offers seem "good" to them. I'm not knocking these folks by any means, but as you've discovered, going from TWC on cable to "weather" on satellite isn't pleasant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts