New Local Weather Channel

Severe weather mode example....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU1_SeFw2sY&feature=related]YouTube - Weatherscan in Severe Weather Mode - August 21, 2009[/ame]

Well now that summer 2010 is officialy over, we have another empty promise by E* to provide us with this new "improved" weather channel. Any new word on this so far empty promise?

Last Friday Oct 1, I sent an email to DISH regarding the Fox Nets "fiasco" plus the status of the "new" weather channel that was promised back in the Spring. Here's part my email and a reply from Dave Shull:

Finally, what is the status on the new weather channel on channel 213? With all due respect, I'm going to hold your feet to the fire until the channel appears. Had you not promised this in a May 24, 2010 news release regarding the new agreement with The Weather Channel, I would not be reminding you of this. Here's an excerpt of that news release:

The deal provides for collaboration between both companies in developing state-of-the-art, full-time weather forecasting services designed specifically for satellite customers, including localized weather programming on DISH Network Ch. 213 (in addition to The Weather Channel's main feed on Ch. 214), interactive TV applications, as well as new Internet and mobile services. Deployment of the new services will begin this summer. "Through this new partnership with The Weather Channel, DISH Network is giving our subscribers exactly what they've asked for and more. Not only are we developing a unique satellite service that provides localized weather 24/7, but also we'll soon deliver personalized weather reports via the Android mobile platform and the web," said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. "This agreement recognizes the importance of cross-platform video delivery, ensuring that our subscribers will have the most detailed local weather information available at their fingertips anytime, anywhere."

Thank you for your time.
Eric Calhoun, DISH Account #xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mr. Shull's reply:

Mr. Calhoun -- thank you for reaching out directly. I appreciate your candor. You are absolutely right to hold my feet to the fire on the Weather Channel replacement. Yes, it has taken longer than anticipated, but we are still moving forward. I will be able to share a firm date with you shortly. You can feel free to contact me at any point. I'll be glad to respond directly. Best regards, Dave

Agreed about TWC. NBC ruined it like their other channels. I remember channel 213 for the short while that it was on and thought it was a worthy replacement. It's too bad that Dish succumbed to the dark side and kept TWC.

Last Friday Oct 1, I sent an email to DISH regarding the Fox Nets "fiasco" plus the status of the "new" weather channel that was promised back in the Spring. Here's part my email and a reply from Dave Shull:

Finally, what is the status on the new weather channel on channel 213? With all due respect, I'm going to hold your feet to the fire until the channel appears. Had you not promised this in a May 24, 2010 news release regarding the new agreement with The Weather Channel, I would not be reminding you of this. Here's an excerpt of that news release:

The deal provides for collaboration between both companies in developing state-of-the-art, full-time weather forecasting services designed specifically for satellite customers, including localized weather programming on DISH Network Ch. 213 (in addition to The Weather Channel's main feed on Ch. 214), interactive TV applications, as well as new Internet and mobile services. Deployment of the new services will begin this summer. "Through this new partnership with The Weather Channel, DISH Network is giving our subscribers exactly what they've asked for and more. Not only are we developing a unique satellite service that provides localized weather 24/7, but also we'll soon deliver personalized weather reports via the Android mobile platform and the web," said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. "This agreement recognizes the importance of cross-platform video delivery, ensuring that our subscribers will have the most detailed local weather information available at their fingertips anytime, anywhere."

Thank you for your time.
Eric Calhoun, DISH Account #xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mr. Shull's reply:

Mr. Calhoun -- thank you for reaching out directly. I appreciate your candor. You are absolutely right to hold my feet to the fire on the Weather Channel replacement. Yes, it has taken longer than anticipated, but we are still moving forward. I will be able to share a firm date with you shortly. You can feel free to contact me at any point. I'll be glad to respond directly. Best regards, Dave

Thank you for sharing this info. I am glad that someone finally is holding feet to the fire. Keep us informed if you hear anything back from Mr. Shull.

Anon is only a tiny but sooner than soon, because a comes before s and they both have 4 letters, however, shortly has 50% more letters that soon so it is 1 and 1/2 times as long.

Anon is only a tiny but sooner than soon, because a comes before s and they both have 4 letters, however, shortly has 50% more letters that soon so it is 1 and 1/2 times as long.
The first know use of "soon" was before the 12th Century according to the Merriam-Webster. (whatever happened to the Funk & Wagnalls?) I did not know Dish has been around so long. :D

Dish should of dumped the weather channel and kept that other temp weather channel, they would of had the local weather by now. With the weather channel Dish has now it could take a year for local or regional real weather. Man they are slow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts