New Manager for the DBacks!

Promoting the FARM DIRECTOR?

Hinch does not have any prior managerial experience at any level

Are they throwing in the towel? With Manny out, they have a chance in the West. This makes no sense.

I can't beleive no one has mentioned this yet. I don't know what shocks me more...the firing or the replacement with no manangerial experience!!!! :confused:

D-backs to replace Melvin with Hinch | MLB.com: News

I mentioned the firing in the NL West thread....not only Melvin but the hitting coach was fired and the pitching coach resigned.

I can understand the firing of Melvin, local talk in Phoenix also gets it, this isn't just the poor start this season. They won the NL West in '07 with many of these players and haven't progressed, in some ways regressed, since then.
I'm a Mariners fan, and the same sort of thing happened there with Melvin once the veterans of the club were falling off. Melvin's "Golly Gee Whiz, Shucks" act didn't work with the younger players.

The new Manager, AJ Hinch, doesn't have managerial experience but he was the guy who developed these guys in the minors...maybe he can get through to them. They also don't take on any new payroll from this move by promoting an in-house guy. If he succeeds, he gets the interim tag removed after the season and if doesn't he goes back to his old job and they go looking for someone different and possibly clean house of some of the players.

Promoting the FARM DIRECTOR?

Are they throwing in the towel? With Manny out, they have a chance in the West. This makes no sense.

I've known Derek Hall (who now head of the DBacks) since his A.M.radio days here in L.A. and as he worked his way thru the Dodgers organization and into Phoenix. He has always been a thoughtful, precise and intelligent individual. But I gotta tell ya, this one really stumps the ever luvin' hell outta me!

This will turn out to be either the most coy and intuitive managerial move of it's type or one of the biggest failures of all time. I wish Derek and the organization well.

At the beginning of the year, I liked the Giants to win the NL West because of their starting rotation. I like them even more now.

At the beginning of the year, I liked the Giants to win the NL West because of their starting rotation. I like them even more now.

The Giants are almost in the same boat as the D'backs, very good starting pitching with an anemic offense. The only real differences at this point is that Lincecum and Cain are both healthy while Webb is on the DL for the D'backs, and the Giants are more of a veteran team.

Even if the Dodgers go 24-25 until Manny returns, the Giants would have to 31-20 to catch them...after that point then what?

The Division race is over, and it's only mid-May.

The Giants are almost in the same boat as the D'backs, very good starting pitching with an anemic offense. The only real differences at this point is that Lincecum and Cain are both healthy while Webb is on the DL for the D'backs, and the Giants are more of a veteran team.

Lincecum, Cain, and pray for rain?:D

Even if the Dodgers go 24-25 until Manny returns, the Giants would have to 31-20 to catch them...after that point then what?

That's an excellent point, but that's assuming that there's no distraction in the Dodgers clubhouse over this (when Manny returns).

I wouldn't assume everybody reads every thread, because I don't. I just don't have the time sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)