New member, 1st time with satellite

DUBAUDI

Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
Okay, first off, hi everyone!

Second.

Just signed up for Dish Network.

Got Top 120, and a 625 (mainly cuz i wanted the closest to TIVO features that I could get). Basically, wanted something that was SUPER EASY to setup to record shows, and be able to pick any show and the DVR will find all new episodes and record them regardless of any changes in program length or broadcast schedule. Very TIVOish.

I have one 56" nonHD rear projection tv that is my main tv. I watch this 90% of the time. It is in the 'family room' of my apartment.

I also have a 37" nonHD tv in my bedroom. I usually just watch DVD's on there (stroke material ;) jk. Anyway, I usually put on an episode or two of the Simpsons when I go to bed. It isn't necessary for me to be able to watch tv in there, or be able to use the DVR. BUT, it would be really nice.

What are my options regarding that (including costs). Not really looking to spend more money, but if it was cheap enough, I would consider it.

I don't anticipate getting an HD for a couple of years at least.

Anway, getting it installed this Saturday. I don't want to have to pay for anything else later if i can get it for free or whatever now.

What are my options here?

What do I need to know?

Anything I need to let the installer know? He is the husband of a friend of mine...so he might do a little extra work for free.

Is it free to hookup the bedroom tv to the 625 and satellite?

ANY info is GREATLY appreciated...I am a total first-timer here and know absolutely nothing regarding any of this.

I am also in a rush because of the Saturday install.

welcome newb :welcome :)

Now let me read it and I'll edit my post with more info ;)

Ok...

Yes, the 625 is designed to have independent programming on 2 Tvs. The receiver is installed and one room and another cable is ran from the receiver to your second room. (all of that is included for free as part of the install)

Enjoy :)

Welcome to the Dish forum and congrats on getting Dish. Yes u can run your bedroom tv from ur 625, it is a dual tuner meaning you can run two tv's off of one receiver! Enjoy!

BFG said:
Yes, the 625 is designed to have independent programming on 2 Tvs. The receiver is installed and one room and another cable is ran from the receiver to your second room. (all of that is included for free as part of the install)

Enjoy :)

So the second TV is hardwired to the 625 as well? I was thinking it pushed the signal back onto the exisiting coax in your house..... So if I set up TV1 in the Living room and TV2 in the Bedroom. I'd have to run a new line to the basement if I wanted to move TV2 there (even though i have cable outlets there)?

Do they use the existing coax for the install period? In other words, drill in from the outside and attach to existing coax...they don't have to run new or different lines right?

Depending what kind of coax you have. If you have new RG-6 Coax then they can use it. If it is old RG-59 coax than they will have to run a cable from the dish to the receiver.

Yes, welcome! You're sure to find plenty of good information here.

A "normal" install of a 625, 522 or 322 would consist of 1 (if using a DPP and Separator) or 2 new RG-6 runs from the outside to wherever the receiver will be.

The "TV1" outputs go to the TV in that room. S-video and digital audio are preferred if your equipment can handle it, or the RCA jacks. Use the coax only as a last resort because of the inferior picture quality and "TV1" is not stereo.

The "TV2" coax output (MTS stereo for that one!) then goes to the existing cable wiring which feeds all the other TVs. (Legally speaking, any pre-existing incoming cable or antenna feed to that existing infrastructure should be disconnected or you could be feeding your viewing to the rest of the neighborhood). You can also run the "TV2" RCA jacks to something in the main room if you like.

If it's just the one of you :) you can use the box in single mode which means you can use PIP features but the same picture is on all TVs. Dual mode gives you independent viewing in each location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)