New Member from Washington State.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Doubt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Snohomish, Wa
Hello people, my name is Guy. I am new to this forum, but not to the world of Satellite. I installed Direct/Dish for a year or so & one of my customers (downsized from a BUD) was very happy with my installation & programming & gave me their old system. The dish was rusted from saltwater & I junked it out. I kept the receiver (GI 920), knowing that I would hook it up sooner or later. I am getting at the end of my 6 month "special" from Comcast & figure it is time to get up to date on the C Band scene. I went around this weekend & found 2 give away large dishes, I am getting both & installing one, the first dish is a 6 ft fixed, that I can do testing with (no arm, it is on one bird) The second one is a 10 ft, that is in good shape & working, (one piece of mesh is loose, but easily fixed)the owner uses it for some sports (football) & said to give him a couple of weeks & I can come over & take it down ( I stressed that I wanted to set the dish on a certain bird before we unplugged his receiver, which he was fine with) On the feedhorn cover, it says "LAZER" I think, it was too cold to play with taking it off to look to see if it had duel LNB's, lol. I am looking forward to getting set up with this BUD, if I dont have a digital TV, will I need a converter as well? Also, who is giving the best packages on programming? I dont watch alot of TV, but my fav channels are History, TLC, A & E, HGTV, TRU TV, Lifetime, Speed, Discovery, Bravo, E!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)