New Member from Washington State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Doubt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Snohomish, Wa
Hello people, my name is Guy. I am new to this forum, but not to the world of Satellite. I installed Direct/Dish for a year or so & one of my customers (downsized from a BUD) was very happy with my installation & programming & gave me their old system. The dish was rusted from saltwater & I junked it out. I kept the receiver (GI 920), knowing that I would hook it up sooner or later. I am getting at the end of my 6 month "special" from Comcast & figure it is time to get up to date on the C Band scene. I went around this weekend & found 2 give away large dishes, I am getting both & installing one, the first dish is a 6 ft fixed, that I can do testing with (no arm, it is on one bird) The second one is a 10 ft, that is in good shape & working, (one piece of mesh is loose, but easily fixed)the owner uses it for some sports (football) & said to give him a couple of weeks & I can come over & take it down ( I stressed that I wanted to set the dish on a certain bird before we unplugged his receiver, which he was fine with) On the feedhorn cover, it says "LAZER" I think, it was too cold to play with taking it off to look to see if it had duel LNB's, lol. I am looking forward to getting set up with this BUD, if I dont have a digital TV, will I need a converter as well? Also, who is giving the best packages on programming? I dont watch alot of TV, but my fav channels are History, TLC, A & E, HGTV, TRU TV, Lifetime, Speed, Discovery, Bravo, E!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)