new member, just ordered dish network

grizzly2c

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
pennsylvania
Hi. Just ordered dish network for our hunting camp today. they are supposed to set us up this saturday and I have a few questions. I will thank you in advance.

1. They said they would run set up wires to all 4 rooms but I could only hook 2 tv's up without buying the additional reciever for the other 2. They said have a tv there that they can move around and check for a signal. My question is i only have 1 tv there now, should I buy another tv before saturday to set in my bedroom so they can test the signal or can they check signal another way? I figured why they are coming they should just set all 4 rooms up now so in the future if i wanted more tv's i would be good to go..

2. Is there anything I need to watch for or are they generally pretty good? any tips or tricks or anything i should be aware of?

3. i just ordered the cheapest package the family package I beleive it is called it was 24.99. I want to be able to get local channels to see the steeler games while at hunting camp. Now I coudnt get espn to see the monday night games which was a real real bummer? any way to talk them into that??

Thanks again for any help..

Do you know what recievers you are receiving?....Are they DVR receivers, HD receivers , SD receivers? If the receivers have "Dual Tuners", you will be able to hook a minimum of 2 TV's (TV1 & TV2 outputs) per receiver. You are able to increase that number using "Splitters" but, the same channel will be shown on all TV's that are running off that splitter and depending on what kind of remote you have (IR Direct Line of Sight or UHF - Works through Walls) you may need more than one remote if you want to change channels in the same room as the TV .

Every DISH installer I've talked to has been very helpful and nice. They have always done a great job for me.

Last edited:
no I dont know which recievers. I have never had sat tv in my life so I dont know..

should I run out and buy another tv being I get 2 for no extra cost and so he can test the signal in another room. I kinda figured they would have a way to test the line without a tv??

I plan on having the main tv which is in the main living room of the camp. and possibly 1 in my bedroom.. thanks The guy I spoke to did say 2 tv's per reciever..

Last edited:
You may want to have another tv on hand. The reason being, if you are getting more than one receiver, the tech has to hook up the receivers to the tv's to download the software and programming. having only one tv and two receivers to activate is nothing more than a royal pain. I have done installs like that and it is not fun swapping two receivers between one tv.

The guy from dish said 1 reciever for 2 tv's. I think I am going to steal my wifes little tv from the kitchen to take up to make sure it works.

I just got a call a few minutes ago from the actual company that is doing the install and the lady said I woudnt need a tv there but after they leave if it doesnt work when I hook a tv up its on me to pay for them to come back out.

Thanks for th help guys, I am kinda exited about not having to leave camp to see the foot ball games. I would usually run to a neighboring camp to watch the game but it will be nicer to have people to our camp to watch it..

The guy from dish said 1 reciever for 2 tv's. I think I am going to steal my wifes little tv from the kitchen to take up to make sure it works.

I just got a call a few minutes ago from the actual company that is doing the install and the lady said I woudnt need a tv there but after they leave if it doesnt work when I hook a tv up its on me to pay for them to come back out.

If I were you, I would get a TV there (even if you have to move it back after they check it) to eliminate them having to come back if it doesn't work. In my experience, its always hard to get "anyone" to come back after they already install something.

ok thanks I certainly appreciate that. i tried to get espn from them instead of the cinamaxes they give as a bonus for just letting them use my charge card every month, but that was a no go. I would have to go to the next plan up.. bummer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts