Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Today Microsoft announced a new Surface Pro 2 and to me, this version actually looks very very interesting. I had a 1 Gen Surface Pro and I returned it after a week, but looking at this new Surpface Pro 2, I might pick one up.

About the only thing missing in it is the ability to add a portable data connection so I can use it anywhere...

To me this is the biggest reason I love my iPad its because no matter where I am I am always connected.

But with that said the specs on this thing look amazing.

I have only seen 3 Surfaces in the wild. Do we have any surafce users out there?

Until Microsoft changes their approach to what applications are allowed to be offered, the Surface will be a bitter disappointment. I have two co-workers that have them and both are staggered that RT doesn't allow them to access our corporate e-mail server.

I'm staggered by the inability of the app community to come up with a reasonable solution that doesn't involve having a Live, Google or Yahoo account in the middle.

What is the point of using Windows if the damn thing won't run Windows applications?

Today Microsoft announced a new Surface Pro 2 and to me, this version actually looks very very interesting. I had a 1 Gen Surface Pro and I returned it after a week, but looking at this new Surpface Pro 2, I might pick one up.

About the only thing missing in it is the ability to add a portable data connection so I can use it anywhere...

To me this is the biggest reason I love my iPad its because no matter where I am I am always connected.

But with that said the specs on this thing look amazing.

Mobile hotspot makes this a non issue, at least for me. Id much rather just tether using the data that I am already paying for than have another data plan.

Dell gave us a Surface Pro on loan. Haven't played with it yet.

I don't think this will change the sales for the product, which is too bad because I think the hardware is quite good.

I am quite happy with my Surface Pro except for the battery life. I just make sure to always have the power brick available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts