New Names & Price's for DirecTv Packages

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't buy HD programming at a premium from anyone. The Feds made HD required of broadcast and we are all falling into the trap of paying extra for something that will be the standard shortly.

I was an early adopter of Directv and got hosed on my first system purchase...that was my own fault...but these lease deals are a direct result of Malone's involvement and the cable tv model he comes from...the robber barons have come to our pleasure land and things will never be the same...cable is starting to look good again, but it is only the heroin of the NFL package that keeps me running on Directv.

I used to be an evangelist for their cause...now it is quite a hard sell anyone on it in the northeast.

Groucho

The sale has not even been approved yet. Malone has nothing to do with this. They hope to complete the sale sometime this summer.

The sale has not even been approved yet so Malone has nothing to do with this. They hope to complete the sale sometime this summer.

Don't buy HD programming at a premium from anyone. The Feds made HD required of broadcast and we are all falling into the trap of paying extra for something that will be the standard shortly.

I was an early adopter of Directv and got hosed on my first system purchase...that was my own fault...but these lease deals are a direct result of Malone's involvement and the cable tv model he comes from...the robber barons have come to our pleasure land and things will never be the same...cable is starting to look good again, but it is only the heroin of the NFL package that keeps me running on Directv.

I used to be an evangelist for their cause...now it is quite a hard sell anyone on it in the northeast.

Groucho

No the Feds did not make hd a requirement! Digital is what you mean, not hd!

HD isn't mandated by anyone.

I was an early adopter of Directv and got hosed on my first system purchase...that was my own fault...but these lease deals are a direct result of Malone's involvement and the cable tv model he comes from...

HUH? DirecTV moved to a lease model a year ago and was planed for certainly longer then that. Malone was just a twinkle in News Corp's eye at that time.

Might want to get your facts straight. ;)

I would agree, except that that page showed the price at $10.99 two days ago.

Weird.

I would agree, except that that page showed the price at $10.99 two days ago.

Weird.

The package has been 9.99 for about 8-9 months now, probably going back to 10.99 after March 1, with the inclusion of more HD channels soon.
When these new channels start coming in, I will not have a problem with the HD package being 10.99 , but I think the packages are changing soon and the individual add ons, like HD package , will be incorperated into the main package.

Jimbo

The 10.99 fee is for new subs signing up(includes the 1.00 increase fee for H/D
HBO). I think the old timers will stay at 9.99.

What the heck is the problem with DirecTV and Dish? They both rename and regroup channel lineups doing their best to confuse their customers and prospective customers.

Oh wait, I know where they got it, from Intel!

Intel came up with a jive CPU name game that gives you no indications of the CPU's performance. AMD meanwhile kept it simple naming it's chips with performance indicators attached to the name of the core. Result is AMD kicking Intel's butt in consumer sales.

Seems Dish and Direc are trying to rename and confuse customers so they don't know they're getting fewer channels for more money.

How Intel of them. That's why all our computers (4) have AMD CPU's.

AMD kicking Intel in consumer sales? You must be living in bizarro world to believe that.

anyhow, am I reading this right? My rate is going up even though I agreed to a 2 year deal at the older rate and package? Where's my get out of jail free card?

Ok...if I have Total Choice Premire....do I keep it? Plus HD is cheaper ...with fewer channels but I'm not sure which channels I would keep if I stayed with Preimire. Why would I have to pay extra for HD if I stay with TCP?

I'm really lost here.

Ummm, Premier is everything. If you drop down you'd lose all the movie channels and the sports pack.

Simply go to DirecTV.com and check out all the packages. But you don't have to do anything anyway. Whatever you have now is grandfathered and you can keep it.

How bout this! I wanted to renew with the NFL Sunday Ticket, but did not want the new pkg, wanted to be grandfathered. I told the rep that I am already scheduled for renewal, I just want it to be for the 11 month and not the 4 month. They changed it and now I have the new, no 3 months HBO, not even a kiss.

How bout this! I wanted to renew with the NFL Sunday Ticket, but did not want the new pkg, wanted to be grandfathered. I told the rep that I am already scheduled for renewal, I just want it to be for the 11 month and not the 4 month. They changed it and now I have the new, no 3 months HBO, not even a kiss.

Not sure I understan the problem there. Usually discounts and free premiums are perks to pacify people who've had problems, or have justified gripes.

You asked them to change your ST billing, to be 11 installments instead of 4. They did that. Why should you get free HBO?

Every company every year goes up in prices, i dont think its a supprise. We are still the cheapest, and still the leading Satellite provider.

I'm Looking forward to more Back to the Future Commericals.

What the heck is the problem with DirecTV and Dish? They both rename and regroup channel lineups doing their best to confuse their customers and prospective customers.

Oh wait, I know where they got it, from Intel!

Intel came up with a jive CPU name game that gives you no indications of the CPU's performance. AMD meanwhile kept it simple naming it's chips with performance indicators attached to the name of the core. Result is AMD kicking Intel's butt in consumer sales.

Seems Dish and Direc are trying to rename and confuse customers so they don't know they're getting fewer channels for more money.

How Intel of them. That's why all our computers (4) have AMD CPU's.

ERRROR - wrong again.

Directv and Dish both change their programming packages because of sat costs and eye catching results from customers. Every 3-6 months directv changes the names of their channels 1 because they are constantly change 2 programs from time to time change channels.

There is no confusion - we sent a customer agreement to your house with the new line up and all the information, we cant make you read it. You have to care enough to want to know. we have 16.4 million cust....Heck if i could i would call everyone of them and let them know about it.

ERRROR - wrong again.

Directv and Dish both change their programming packages because of sat costs and eye catching results from customers. Every 3-6 months directv changes the names of their channels 1 because they are constantly change 2 programs from time to time change channels.

There is no confusion - we sent a customer agreement to your house with the new line up and all the information, we cant make you read it. You have to care enough to want to know. we have 16.4 million cust....Heck if i could i would call everyone of them and let them know about it.

Mr. Directv,

I've been a D* customer for about six years and upgraded to the HR10-250 DVR and 3LNB dish about 9 months ago (when I got an HD TV). But, now I'm interested in a HR20 and 5LNB (in order to receive my local RSN chanels in HD........as well as being future proofed). What's the best deal going? Any advice/tips would be appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)