New National HD Tomorrow?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scsa

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
Will the new channels be on satellite 110 at all or will it only be on the new satellite thanks.

Hey what channels are going to be added tomorrow? I wasn't aware there was a set date as to when or what will be added.

The channels mentioned were Showtime Too HD, Showcase HD, The Movie Channel HD, and BET Jazz HD, even though I think Charles F'd up because I dont think BET Jazz HD even exists yet, I think its the SD version we will be seeing added.

Good Question.
Since E* was nice to give HD customers with the 250 Pack Encore East HD, When Encore East SD isn't part of the 250.
Same with TMC East thats part of Showtime,
Only TMC west and TMC Xtra West are in top 250.
It will be interesting to see

It will be on the Platnum HD package. (since it will not have a SD counterpart) :)

Wow, that really sucks as BETJ has been around for a long time in SD on other carriers, they are only new to DISH. So because they won't add an SD counterpart, they move it into the Platinum HD package for $10 extra? Oh well, there really isn't anything new coming for me today.

Wow, that really sucks as BETJ has been around for a long time in SD on other carriers, they are only new to DISH. So because they won't add an SD counterpart, they move it into the Platinum HD package for $10 extra? Oh well, there really isn't anything new coming for me today.

True, but Dish has ignored its higher tier (Showtime and Platinum HD) customers for a looooooong time. Platinum HD went from nice to worthless after Voom's removal. It became even more worthless when Smithsonian went away. NHL and NBA HD is worthless between June and October. I'm looking forward to some more Showtimes (hopefully MoreMax soon--they can keep the West Coast feeds for awhile though) and BET Jazz in HD. :hungry:

I don't understand this. If you have Dish Network, don't you have the whole thing?

Some people have their dishes pointed to 129, others have them pointed to 61.5. Depending on where you live, you will have your dish pointed to different satellites.

It will be on the Platnum HD package. (since it will not have a SD counterpart) :)

WFN all over again. Put an SD channel in an HD tier with the promise that "it will be HD later". Meanwhile, there's plenty of ACTUAL HD channels DISH won't touch.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I really doubt there will be ANY HD on this channel for a while. (I think it took WFN 3-4 months to actually go HD.)

I betcha' the wrangling was Charlie negotiating with BET to not take BETJazz SD. This way he could shove the channel in Platinum HD to replace Smithsonian.

I can hear it now: Them: "we'll give you the SD channel for nothing"; Charlie "no, no, no, you don't understand, I don't want it!".

True, but Dish has ignored its higher tier (Showtime and Platinum HD) customers for a looooooong time. Platinum HD went from nice to worthless after Voom's removal. It became even more worthless when Smithsonian went away. NHL and NBA HD is worthless between June and October. I'm looking forward to some more Showtimes (hopefully MoreMax soon--they can keep the West Coast feeds for awhile though) and BET Jazz in HD. :hungry:

Well i'm glad that Platinum gets a new channel, it is true that tier has been underserviced since VOOM went BOOM!! I'm happy for you all.

Still it seems a bit of a rip as they are really penalizing their core audience for a channel that is normally a tiered standard channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts