Question

the_rook

Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
South San Francisco
I have had dish network for almost 5 yrs & i was just giving an updated hd box and smart cards a few months ago.. I used to only have 9 HD channels and now I have many more. my question is how come i don't have the on demand option on my tv. my control has the button, but when i try nothin happens.. anyone want to shed some light?

Well , What receivers do you have?
Most likly your receiver isn't connected to the internet.
In order to do the VOD you must have an ethernet connect to your High speed internet.

I have had dish network for almost 5 yrs & i was just giving an updated hd box and smart cards a few months ago.. I used to only have 9 HD channels and now I have many more. my question is how come i don't have the on demand option on my tv. my control has the button, but when i try nothin happens.. anyone want to shed some light?

What model receiver do you have? If it's not a DVR and not connected to broadband, there is no place the receiver can store the on demand movies.

To view on demand, you must first download the movie via the internet using your dish receiver. I think you can do this with the ViP211 too as long as DVR functionality is enabled and you have an external hard drive hooked to it as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts