New National HD Tomorrow?

WFN all over again. Put an SD channel in an HD tier with the promise that "it will be HD later". Meanwhile, there's plenty of ACTUAL HD channels DISH won't touch.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I really doubt there will be ANY HD on this channel for a while. (I think it took WFN 3-4 months to actually go HD.)
WFN does have a lot of HD on it now. So he didn't lie about that one.;)

That's the sad part,and on one side note we share as a US Soldiers that responsibility.;)

Yeah that is F*(& up man! Yeah I am getting the PR HD package about 5 channels we should be getting more than that if Alaska and Hawaii are getting from there Spotbeams they have space in our Spotbeams as well!

Diretcv in PR has signed an agrement with the Voom Channels!

What about Puerto Rico and the USVI for some things we are for others are not .

I agree that PR and USVI are in the same boat. I can only presume that the reason we are treated the way we are is money, as in number of subscribers to the service. All of us outside the 48 states are residents of small population states and territories, thus we don't provide enough incentive for Dish to provide us with service on a par with the lower 48, as we say in AK. I've tried e-mails to dish and only ever got one response, the rest I'm sure end up in the trash can. If direct offered the locals in HD here, outside Anchorage than I'd probably switch, but they don't, so I stay. Of course Dish only carries two local HD channels, CBS and PBS. They don't seem to be interested in NBC and Fox, and ABC isn't in HD yet.

OK, rant off. I'll go watch the weather channel in HD so I'll know it's sunny in Florida. :)

Yeah that is F*(& up man! Yeah I am getting the PR HD package about 5 channels we should be getting more than that if Alaska and Hawaii are getting from there Spotbeams they have space in our Spotbeams as well!

Diretcv in PR has signed an agrement with the Voom Channels!
Thats strange , Why so little HD? What satellites do you Guys use down there?

I agree that PR and USVI are in the same boat. I can only presume that the reason we are treated the way we are is money, as in number of subscribers to the service. All of us outside the 48 states are residents of small population states and territories, thus we don't provide enough incentive for Dish to provide us with service on a par with the lower 48, as we say in AK. I've tried e-mails to dish and only ever got one response, the rest I'm sure end up in the trash can. If direct offered the locals in HD here, outside Anchorage than I'd probably switch, but they don't, so I stay. Of course Dish only carries two local HD channels, CBS and PBS. They don't seem to be interested in NBC and Fox, and ABC isn't in HD yet.

OK, rant off. I'll go watch the weather channel in HD so I'll know it's sunny in Florida. :)
Does D* provide HD to AK and HI?

"No Info Available" it says after the the first 2 programs (which come from a different source) on each of the 4 new channels. This on one 722 while the other has the full schedule. This after the nightly reboot and another just to try be sure. This on the newer (no need for a card) one.

How can I improve the chance to load the full guide?

-Ken

P.S. it took time but it filled in.

Last edited:
Thanks all. I just switched the dish to 129 instead of 110 and so far I love it. I was wondering Scott if the new channels that are coming at the end of the month are going to be on 110 or 129? Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts