New NBC-HD suite channels plus Golf HD

mws192

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Don't you mean....You can watch Ghost Hunters in Upconverted SD...b/c that what Sci Fi will probably be & where is A&E and History I thought that those were in the NBC family

Nice! I was hoping to get USA & Sci Fi HD before the year was done. Now if they could just add Boomerang to the line up... I would be one happy camper.

Hah...it never fails.

So many people on this board have been clamoring for SciFi and USA since they first went HD and now that we're getting them...they still complain about the channels we DON'T have.

Some people are never satisfied.

(Now if only they'd add Cartoon Network so I can watch Clone Wars in HD...)

Hah...it never fails.

So many people on this board have been clamoring for SciFi and USA since they first went HD and now that we're getting them...they still complain about the channels we DON'T have.

Some people are never satisfied.

+1

More compressed, low-bit rate supposed HD channels, yippee.

Eliminate all the 4:1, HD channel/QAM and make them all 2:1, then I'll be impressed!

More compressed, low-bit rate supposed HD channels, yippee.

Eliminate all the 4:1, HD channel/QAM and make them all 2:1, then I'll be impressed!

Why do you stay with them? You have been complaining for over a year already. It is the same thing over and over. The market will force them to deliver a better product. Once they finish their anolog reclaimation project they will have more bandwidth than Sat and Fios.

Why do you stay with them? You have been complaining for over a year already. It is the same thing over and over. The market will force them to deliver a better product. Once they finish their anolog reclaimation project they will have more bandwidth than Sat and Fios.

I stay with them because it is my only option for MSGHD, trust me if Fios had it I'd be gone already.

And maybe if more people complained about the poor quality HD they would have to do something about. I'd rather have half of the HD channels they currently have without the compression.

And I'll keep complaining until it is fixed. So every time one of you CV Fan Boys do the jig about a new POS HD channel, I'll complain about the poor quality HD.

And what makes you think that when all the analogs are gone, that CV will use that bandwidth to improve quality?

I stay with them because it is my only option for MSGHD, trust me if Fios had it I'd be gone already.

And maybe if more people complained about the poor quality HD they would have to do something about. I'd rather have half of the HD channels they currently have without the compression.

And I'll keep complaining until it is fixed. So every time one of you CV Fan Boys do the jig about a new POS HD channel, I'll complain about the poor quality HD.

And what makes you think that when all the analogs are gone, that CV will use that bandwidth to improve quality?

i'm no fan boy, just posting news about new channels
so GFY

i'm no fan boy, just posting news about new channels
so GFY

Sorry, but mindlessly defending CV without regards to facts makes you a fanboy or possibly an employee.

Fact #1: CV over-compresses all their HD offerings except broadcast HD, the local RSNS & ESPN(1&2). CV's compression causes numerous visual artifacts that reduce the quality of the picture.

Fact #2: CV has not used any of the freed up bandwidth from the analog reclaimation to increase the bandwidth for the over-compressed channels that would reduce compression and increase picture quality.

Sorry, but mindlessly defending CV without regards to facts makes you a fanboy or possibly an employee.

Fact #1: CV over-compresses all their HD offerings except broadcast HD, the local RSNS & ESPN(1&2). CV's compression causes numerous visual artifacts that reduce the quality of the picture.

Fact #2: CV has not used any of the freed up bandwidth from the analog reclaimation to increase the bandwidth for the over-compressed channels that would reduce compression and increase picture quality.

Well aware of fact #1 not so sure about #2 (work in progress), but like i said they will have to improve pq or face losing subs. If fios had msghd and fsnyhd i would likey switch as well when available in my area.

Don't you mean....You can watch Ghost Hunters in Upconverted SD...b/c that what Sci Fi will probably be & where is A&E and History I thought that those were in the NBC family

nah in the next season i think it is of ghost hunters it is actually going to be in really high def not upconverted, but yes all the old episodes i think are going to be sd just stretched pretty much

I meant SCI-FI as a whole not just GH... like AMC "HD" & others just Upconverted SD... I hope that when CV goes all digital then they can get rid of that POS SDV that they have now with it "channel not available" BS I sent them an email awhile back about that & told them when my bill comes in I will be sending it back w/ a message "money not available...try again later" :)

Much to my surprise the new channels were live this morning. We usually have to wait til last day of roll out.

VersusHD - was black screen
USAHD - Monk in HD
SciFiHD - paid programming
BravoHD - paid programming
CNBCHD - no interest did not check
GolfHD - SD programming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)