New Offer From Plasma Concepts- Get $100

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
For previous customers, it is 2 years and then you are considered new again, but give us a call and we can check quickly for you. For Jim's questions, give us a call and we can go over all your questions and get you some answers.

Thanks,
Bob Doseck
DIRECTV Rebate Program from Plasma Concepts

I, too, have a similar set up as Jim and would appreciate a couple of his questions answered in this forum (as would others, I'm sure).

Specifically (questions copied):

1) With my current E* set up I have 2 2 tuner DVR's 1 HD 1 SD I then distribute both to the other 5 tv's in the house on unused uhf channels, E*'s uhf remotes make that very easy, how would I accomplish this with D*?

2) Am I correct in my thoughts that I would not be able to record OTA HD? (I watch far more network than anything else and often record 3 network shows at 1 time.)

Thanks. If DirecTV can offer the flexibility as provided by the E* hardware, I may join the many others transitioning away from E* (and I've been an E* since 1996- 12 years!).

I called today and Aric set me up with this promotion, I had D* 2yrs ago and i qualified as a new customer. Can't wait until it is hooked up on Saturday!!:)

I, too, have a similar set up as Jim and would appreciate a couple of his questions answered in this forum (as would others, I'm sure).

Specifically (questions copied):

1) With my current E* set up I have 2 2 tuner DVR's 1 HD 1 SD I then distribute both to the other 5 tv's in the house on unused uhf channels, E*'s uhf remotes make that very easy, how would I accomplish this with D*?

2) Am I correct in my thoughts that I would not be able to record OTA HD? (I watch far more network than anything else and often record 3 network shows at 1 time.)

Thanks. If DirecTV can offer the flexibility as provided by the E* hardware, I may join the many others transitioning away from E* (and I've been an E* since 1996- 12 years!).

You can use the remotes in RF mode. There is no tv2 output like E*, so you can modulate it, but the box will only show one show at a time.

You can record OTA if you have an HR20, or wait for the AM21 which adds it to the HR21. It will cost $59 and be available later this spring.

Im thinking of jumping from Dish, am tiredof unfulfilled dish promises, and getting the DirectTV Plus HD DVR unit but my only concern is wanting to be able to also view locals in HD that Direct TV doesnt carry, like how you can hook up an antenna to the dish units and dvr locals. If I understand the previous post is this not possible? or am I misunderstanding and what would I have to do? The inability to dvr some of my locals would be the only thing holding me back at this point so Im hopeing for an easy solution. I suppose since I own my Dish unit I could maybe keep it plugged in just for antenna type stuff but seems like it would be awkward. Please help me to understand my options as the Plasma special ends after tommorrow

Actually I just went to Direct TV's site and looked at locals seems the only channel of the basic ones I watch that they dont carry in HD is Channel 20, KTVD, now. Seems they have CW -2, CBS - 4, ABC - 7, NBC-9 and Fox - 31 so think that covers most of what I watch, will have to look at guide to make sure isnt anything I really like on 20

Last edited:
D* has two HD DVR's the HR20 which includes over the air ATSC tuners and the HR21 which does not. However the HR21 can do over the air with the hopefully soon to be release AM21 module (rumored to be $59 and release late April/early May, it's being tested now, I have one and it works). The chances are very good that you'd get a HR21 since HR20's are being made now by only one of their suppliers and that's supposed to be winding down soon.

Thats cool then either way and Im sure when I call Plasma tomorrow they can help me try and make sure of the unit I'll get. Since we havent had Direct TV service since 2005 am hopeing they will definitly see us as new customers and if I can stack/get the $50 referral the $100 instant and $100 for going thru Plasma it really does seem an excellent deal for me

You can tell them you want the HR20, they'll put it on the order (maybe) and it will all depend on what the installer has on the truck. Some people have said if the installer shows up with a HR21 they just refuse the install and say it must be a HR20, sometimes they get one eventually sometimes they don't.

If you can live without the OTA for a couple months you might just want to go with the HR21 and get the AM21 when it comes out. The HR21's run cooler then the HR20's, are a bit more quiet and have a little bigger harddrive plus their black vs. silver.

The 21 would be just fine for me. Back when I first wanted to go to HD they, DTV only offered like 3 of the networks. Now the only one they arnt offering is channel 20 here in Denver and I did a scan for the next 2 weeks and the only thing we even have set to record on channel 20 is the 9 pm news which is repeated at 10 on channel 9 and a 1/2 hr of am news, which is avail as none hd which is just fine, so a 21 will work out fine. Now if I can just get a $50 referral deal I think I can call and set up everything tomorrow just fine

Last edited:
I am 100% sure it will be stackable with the AAA deal, after install you have to call AAA and get your 10$ for 24 months.

The AAA discount for an existing DirecTV sub (after installation) is $100 credit, in the form of 2X$50, the first $50 will appear probably on your 3rd bill, and the second $50 will appear 12 months later, it will also extend your contract by one year, if you just installed DirecTV then you will have practically a three-year contract.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)