New Offer to Continue DVDs by Mail (Blockbuster @HOME)

bellevuecoug

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Earth
For those who complained, you should be getting an e-mail that says "$ 1.99 / Month for Two Months" to continue the DVD service.

This is for the '1 Disc at a time' option. Unfortunately, after resetting my password, I click on the "GET THIS OFFER" link and it goes to a . . . (drum roll please) . . . . SERVER ERROR - "We experienced a problem retrieving your page."

Hopefully, this will get fixed . . . .

The problem with the $1.99 offer is that it is still blockbuster. The last 7-8 moths i have been lucky to average 2 disc a month. I just went back to netflix mail a week ago and the 3rd disc is on the way. Netflix is turning around newly released dvds in 1-2 days compared to weeks for BB.

The problem with the $1.99 offer is that it is still blockbuster. The last 7-8 moths i have been lucky to average 2 disc a month. I just went back to netflix mail a week ago and the 3rd disc is on the way. Netflix is turning around newly released dvds in 1-2 days compared to weeks for BB.

I think it depends how close you are to a hub. We have one here in the Seattle area and I was getting two discs a week. I realize not everyone has a hub so close. Even then, new releases do indeed take a long time - I was using it for older movies.

I got the offer and tried the link and also got the server error. I even tried two computers and two browsers. I sent them a mail and will see what their responce is.

I think it depends how close you are to a hub. We have one here in the Seattle area and I was getting two discs a week. I realize not everyone has a hub so close. Even then, new releases do indeed take a long time - I was using it for older movies.

In my case I not only have a nearby hub but have a few local stores to exchange in, the stores let me get new releases quickly and in general the service is quite fast for me. I do understand my situation is unusual and may possibily change.

The Netflix hub is in Columbia,SC which is 70 miles away from where I live(Augusta,GA/CSRA metro area). The Blockbuster hub is in Charlotte,NC,which is farther than Atlanta,GA in the other direction where I live.

I got the offer and tried the link and also got the server error. I even tried two computers and two browsers. I sent them a mail and will see what their responce is.

Hey, work over at Blockbuster By Mail and we believe we have isolated the problem so that you can now register for the $1.99 offer for the 1st 2 months. If you are still having trouble, please let reply and we can try to contact you directly.

Thanks BBOnline! How do I get to the $1.99 promo for two months? Best i can find on blockbuster.com is a 50% off deal. That is not bad at all, and includes in-store exchanges like we used to enjoy. Too bad my 1mi away BB store closed at the end of April. :(

Not even worth $1.99, when BB wasn't even shipping out any new movies to me. I'll stick with Redbox.

I have a question: If they are continuing disc mailing in a different form, why did they just tell everyone to keep their last disc?

I have a question: If they are continuing disc mailing in a different form, why did they just tell everyone to keep their last disc?

That is a good question. Maybe they didn't want to try to chase down discs from expired/closed accounts?

For those who want this deal but did not get the e-mail, please call this number ~

1-866-692-2789

Tell them you are a former DISH BAH subscriber and wish to take advantage of the $ 1.99/month promo (for the first two months).

You gotta remember to cancel after two months or you are on the hook for $ 9.99 for the third month . . . :)

Blockbuster is just trying to convert the BB@h customers over to the regular BB plan. If they cannot convert enough customers to stay open, then next they will get out of the mail to home disc business. $1.99 is a good deal, but $9.99 sucks. Redbox looks better and better.

Thanks to BBOnline, I've rejoined at $1.99/mo for two months. We'll see how it goes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)