New Offer to Continue DVDs by Mail (Blockbuster @HOME)

Blockbuster is just trying to convert the BB@h customers over to the regular BB plan. If they cannot convert enough customers to stay open, then next they will get out of the mail to home disc business. $1.99 is a good deal, but $9.99 sucks. Redbox looks better and better.

Yes, for the blockbuster by mail plan that does suck. For that same $9.99 you can get a pretty good value from Netflix with their 1 disc plan including blu-ray. It is $7.99 if you just want DVDs. For that $10 I can get a movie on Monday send it back on Tuesday and have another one by Wednesday repeat the process and have another one by Friday. I could probably watch and send back 3 or 4 movies in the same time blockbuster would turn around 1.

Now that TV channels are no longer included there really is no reason to pay the same price for blockbuster as a blu-ray plan from Netflix. Their stock is much better and they are ridiculously quick on the turnaround time. Blockbuster would have to be $5 or less for me to even consider them again and even then I would probably stick with Netflix.

Blockbuster would have to be $5 or less for me to even consider them again and even then I would probably stick with Netflix.

How does $2/mo sound to you? ;) BTW - Super Buddies is at the top of my BB queue right now. This movie is not even available as a search item on Netflix; I don't know why.

How does $2/mo sound to you? ;) BTW - Super Buddies is at the top of my BB queue right now. This movie is not even available as a search item on Netflix; I don't know why.

$2 per month sounds great. Too bad that only lasts for 2 months though. Listen, I used BB by Mail before Dish even bought them to get around the 28 day window that used to be common with Netflix. The fact that I could exchange at my local store was great too. Then Dish bought them, their available stock on new releases shrunk to nothing, their turn around time kept getting worse, and they closed my local store so I could no longer make exchanges.

Once they closed my store I canceled my account because I couldn't justify paying the same price as Netflix for a product that was so inferior. That 28 day window isn't common anymore either. The thing is I would probably still get new releases from Netflix before BB even if they did have a 28 day window because BB has no stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BTW - Super Buddies is at the top of my BB queue right now. This movie is not even available as a search item on Netflix; I don't know why.

And a day after I rejoined for $2/mo (for two months) they shipped Super Buddies. My daughter will be pleased. :) This was well worth $2 already.

We actually let customers keep their last disc as a sort of "goodwill" gesture since we were abruptly discontinuing the service.

Most people don't have any use for a movie after they watch it unless it is a great movie. Only 1 out of 200 or so are that great. So, I threw the disc BB sent me in the trash after watching it or sleeping thru it, since it was not a great movie.

Indeed. I got nothing since BB never shipped me a "last disk" before they folded. When still operating, they shipped disks to me maybe once/month.

Thank you Scott!

Thanks to BBOnline, I've rejoined at $1.99/mo for two months. We'll see how it goes

Keep us posted on how fast they mail disc.

It's not going so well, to be frank. I've been a subscriber now for a month. After joining and getting my first DVD by mail rather quickly, I have subsequently gotten nothing. :( This was almost as bad as the old BB@home service where I was lucky to get one disk/mo. This situation was only sufferable for as long as it was because I had an actual store within 1mi of my home, and I could exchange old/uninteresting disks for new releases. But my store was closed on Apr 30th, and now I have no store anywhere near me. :rant:

Thanks to BBOnline, I've rejoined at $1.99/mo for two months. We'll see how it goes.

I posted that on Sept 26. Looks like they won't automatically charge me for the last remaining 3 weeks of Blockbuster DVDs by mail. My account says the next bill date is N/A. It also has a banner on the Queue page saying It's Not Too Late to come back to Blockbuster today. (It seems they ended my subscription a few days early.)

So, this offer did go fairly well. I got two months at $2.02/mo, which isn't bad for the 4 disks I got to watch including one that's not even available on Netflix. I had one accident and got the same disk from both Blockbuster and Netflix. (Blockbuster's copy came first, incredibly enough.) Too bad they don't ship me one last disk to keep in the remaining (?) 5 days of my subscription.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)