new old customer

smakovits

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
So, I have been with dish for call it 9 years and have been satisfied with everything. I have no complaints. However, I am intrigued by this latest offer to new customers. 1 year netflix with 2 year contract. Well, I have no intention of leaving and am willing to do the contract and all that, but do I qualify? Currently I have a 722 and the standard HD boxes 211? I have considered the switch to hopper, but never did. This offer would make me rethink that decisions and if the same offer would trickle to the loyal/existing customers it would be awesome. So, I guess what I am after is do I qualify? Or, do I have to leave dish completely and come back to be considered new?

Or, do I have to leave dish completely and come back to be considered new?

Be gone for 30 days then you'd be considered new.

It wouldn't hurt to call and tell them you've been checking out promos on other providers. They may be willing to give you some perks, but you'll never know unless you call.

So, I have been with dish for call it 9 years and have been satisfied with everything. I have no complaints. However, I am intrigued by this latest offer to new customers. 1 year netflix with 2 year contract. Well, I have no intention of leaving and am willing to do the contract and all that, but do I qualify? Currently I have a 722 and the standard HD boxes 211? I have considered the switch to hopper, but never did. This offer would make me rethink that decisions and if the same offer would trickle to the loyal/existing customers it would be awesome. So, I guess what I am after is do I qualify? Or, do I have to leave dish completely and come back to be considered new?

This particular offer is for new customers but promotions are always available for existing customers based off of their account history. We will be happy to review your account and let you know what promotions are available for you today. Please send us a private message with your account or phone number, as well as the 4 digit security code you created.

While that 60 days might be the official line, 'come back' offers show up much, much quicker than that usually. But it is a bit of a crapshoot.

I have yet to see any come back offers include the price lock or Netflix deal. Might get a savings, but not the Nc deal.

Biggest issue would be if the offer exists in 60 days.

Although time warner did call and tell me phone TV and Internet for 20$ less than my dish bill.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Biggest issue would be if the offer exists in 60 days.

Although time warner did call and tell me phone TV and Internet for 20$ less than my dish bill.

C'mon, Dish, Directv, Comcast, Time Warner have been basically running the same offer for the past 5 years anyways.

All they do is change the name of the promotion and slightly tweek the promotion. One month its HBO for free, one month its Starz for Free. Its all the same, never changes. Prices are good for a year, sometimes 2, and then they jack the rates back to the normal every day price until you call and complain.

I stand corrected on the 60 day Dish thing, but they are bleeding customers :) :) :) so bad at this point they will probably take you back a few days later if you call their Direct sales department. 60 days is a hard cut off if you go through a retailer.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
It makes no sense why you won't offer it to a non contract existing customer to lock them in for 2 years vs risking losing them. Like the cell phone 2 year plan.

Reactions: dennispap
I could keep occupied for 60 days with ota and roku easily.
Me too probably, it's the wife that could not handle learning to use kodi, chromecast and Netflix. She would be on overload, but switching to cable and back may do it. It's so stupid, lock me in. Otherwise if I use my own Netflix, dish loses their kick back there. Not sure why anyone would choose not to maximize their revenue. My plan would be no cheaper, it's the free Netflix, that's it. I would actually pay more needing the hopper over the 722.

Reactions: stardust3
C'mon, Dish, Directv, Comcast, Time Warner have been basically running the same offer for the past 5 years anyways.

All they do is change the name of the promotion and slightly tweek the promotion. One month its HBO for free, one month its Starz for Free. Its all the same, never changes. Prices are good for a year, sometimes 2, and then they jack the rates back to the normal every day price until you call and complain.

I stand corrected on the 60 day Dish thing, but they are bleeding customers :) :) :) so bad at this point they will probably take you back a few days later if you call their Direct sales department. 60 days is a hard cut off if you go through a retailer.
The dish offer currently is 12 months free Netflix, 24 month no dvr fee and 24 month price lock

I'm sure it's going to be around. Historically they change promotions around in January

They'd be smart to keep the 2 yr price lock offer. It's the best they had in a long time and it's working, at least somewhat for me.

They probably will. It's actually worse than their 1 year offer when you add in all the discounts over the 2 year period.

It depends on the package. The 120+ is the biggest savings, anything above not so much. Better with the 1st yr deal. Gotta do the math.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)