Dish Magazine

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Anyone sub to it? I bought just a month to see what's in it. Does anyone like it, or do you think it's a waste?

Anyone sub to it? I bought just a month to see what's in it. Does anyone like it, or do you think it's a waste?

I subscribe to it and like it - and it is not 90% advertising. As a matter of fact, the only thing that could be considered "advertising'" is the promos for PPV and other special events. The guide contains "Dish Chatter," which is a letter to the editor type section, movie listings, channel directory, specials and sports listings, interviews and articles like "Hitchcock Vs. Hedren." If you are like me and plan your monthly viewing, its worth the $4.95/month.

I thought it was a waste, and never got any freebies. Of course, that was many years ago.

We get it here at our business and it's a well put together guide but with the 9 day guide on the receiver I've never needed it.

Tried it two different times, both times stopped the subscription. Print is too small for me, and because of the lead time to print it, there are many incorrect listings. I did like the movie section found it easier than other ways to see what movies were coming up.

i was subbed to the magazine a long time ago, but when the current issue started to arrive a week or ten days later after the month started, i cancelled

I use it to plan premium movie recordings for the month -hbo, starz, etc. It is easier than going to individual websites. I really do not use on-demand, so it helps me get the most out of premiums.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts