NEW ORLANDO HD CHANNELS 9/5/09

chi-town_N_orlando

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
orlando
IF youre a sports fan like me,,then you will looooove the new channels thats coming out!!!Brighthouse you finally stepping up,,,First saturday of college football

From an ad in the Orlando Sentinel. and a brighthouse rep

New HD Services:
AMC HD, channel 1358
Biography HD, channel 1347
CBS College Sports HD, channel 1016
ESPN News HD, channel 1328
Fox News HD, channel 1323
Palladia, channel 1373
WGN HD, channel 1015

New HD Premium Services:
Cinemax HD, channel 1251
Starz HD, channel 1288
The Movie Channel, channel 1271

New Sports Pack Services:
FOX College Sports Atlantic, channel 185
FOX College Sports Central, channel 186
FOX College Sports Pacific, channel 187
Big Ten Network HD, channel 1002
NBA TV HD, channel 1008
NHL Network HD, channel 1003
Tennis Channel HD, channel 1007
YES Network HD, channel 1006

dang, you're adding wgnhd. looks like i need to add cable until d12 is operational. don't want to miss the last month of baseball season plus espnuhd for football season.

my understanding was they were flipping a switch to turn the new channels on during the ucf game. at least, i thought i read that somewhere.

yup, that's about the time i noticed those channels went live here. looking forward to the cubs game on wgn hd sunday. ah, the joys of now having satellite and cable

They are turning them on during the game. They will have a "prop" switch that they will turn it on and annouce the winners of the HDTVs as well.

Still looking for the list of what is in which tier...

"free" (as in included in digital tier)?
cinema packages?
sports package?
other?

Sure can't find it on the BHN web site.
For that matter, you can never find anything useful on the site; 90% self promotion, not information.

. the HD box costs the same as the regular digial box.

Although here is the info you looking for

HD Channel Offering - Bright House Networks Central Florida
Great. thanks for that link. I have to admit, I had seen that page, but did not see the 'free' label at the top of the list. My bad. Also, there was no effective date for the list, so I was not sure it was the updated one.

As for "the HD box costs the same as the regular digial box" wow, that is REALLY confusing. When I went in to exchange the 2nd STB box I recently got for the new HDTV (because the one the installer left did not have an HDMI port), I toyed with the idea of getting a DVR instead of the standard one, and the rep wanted to charge WAAAAAYYY more for the DVR than for the regular one.

Last edited:
DVR is different. By "regular" I mean the standard digital box. The HD dvrs I do believe cost slightly more then the standard dvr (because the HD DVR has such a larger harddrive and costs so much more to aquire vs a standard DVR) Whereas the Standard box and HD Box (non-dvrs) the cost difference is minute.

Send the NFL an letter and tell them to allow cable companies to put the channel on seperate tiers. Why should EVERY cable customer pay for a channel less then half want to watch that is that expensive? Itd be different if the NFL wanted a reasonable rate for the channel. I mean there are tons of channels that only a small % watch but guess what. They dont want to charge over 1$ per subscriber.

Dont make me get into my ESPN rant. ESPN commands near 3$ per subscriber.. That means about 3$ of EVERY single person who has cable/satellite goes directly to ESPN. Guess what else? ESPN still fills there screen with commercials as well. So there are what there is at least 30-40million cable customers (not inlcuding the dish/direc folks) thats near 100million$ a month ESPN gets just in subscribers. Ya know HBO doesnt even come close to that and yet they have no commercials and do just fine..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)