New OTA Channels and PG (Merged with OTA Scanning thread)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

agregjones

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 25, 2004
The new software update gave me a few new channels through OTA scanning. I have no PG info yet for these new channels, because they weren't in my map. Should the PG info show up soon or do I have to do something else?
Moderator Note: Thread copied to the OTA Scanning thread.

I'm using TitanTV for my listings - I have the same issue as you.

If you're not familiar with it - TitanTV is great because I can create a "favorites" list that is a combination of cable, Voom, and OTA - as well as having separate and full cable, satellite, and OTA listings.

The only problem is that it doesn't provide programming for the Voom exclusives. Hopefully, that will be resolved at some point soon.

agregjones said:
The new software update gave me a few new channels through OTA scanning. I have no PG info yet for these new channels, because they weren't in my map. Should the PG info show up soon or do I have to do something else?

If you don't get PG for the new channels found by the scanning software, send me an email with your full address and the channels in question. Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us

Even though the scanning software will facilitate getting to tune to the channel, the PG information still needs to come from your satellite. This information is provided by Tribune.

Sean,

Someone just closed a thread that I started similar to this one. However what I am reporting is different from the problem discussed in this thread. This thread points out a problem that you do not get the PG for the new channels found in the OTA scan that was mapped before. The problem I have is that I lost the PG I used to get on some channels. I think the reason is because VOOM only pulls in the PG for you for the channels you last scanned and saved. I use an antenna rotor because the NBC channel in my area is in an almost opposite direction of the other channels. With one antenna angle aiming I cannot successfully scan and find all the channels I can receive. If I saved my OTA scan result which did not find the NBC channel. Gradually I would lose the PG for NBC.

RogerD

RogerD said:
Sean,

Someone just closed a thread that I started similar to this one. However what I am reporting is different from the problem discussed in this thread. This thread points out a problem that you do not get the PG for the new channels found in the OTA scan that was mapped before. The problem I have is that I lost the PG I used to get on some channels. I think the reason is because VOOM only pulls in the PG for you for the channels you last scanned and saved. I use an antenna rotor because the NBC channel in my area is in an almost opposite direction of the other channels. With one antenna angle aiming I cannot successfully scan and find all the channels I can receive. If I saved my OTA scan result which did not find the NBC channel. Gradually I would lose the PG for NBC.

RogerD

Roger,

The OTA Scan Function does not delete channels found or the ones that are mapped. It is a cummulative process. You would not lose the mapped channels. Was that your question?

Sean,

No, that was not my question. I know VOOM saves all the channels ever scanned. My complaint was VOOM seems to only pull in the PG for those channels saved in the most recent scan. In my case I have to aim my antenna in different angles (using a rotor) to receive all the channels I want. I am not able to have VOOM pull the PG for all the channels I want because not all of them are found in one single scan. Those channels were mapped in my area before and I used to receive the PG for all of them with the previous version of software. With the new scanning software, I would gradually lose the PG for NBC, for example, because the recent scan saved does not include that channel for the reason that the antenna was not pointing at the direction to receive it during the scan. I hope I have expained it well. But if not, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

RogerD

RogerD said:
Sean,

No, that was not my question. I know VOOM saves all the channels ever scanned. My complaint was VOOM seems to only pull in the PG for those channels saved in the most recent scan. In my case I have to aim my antenna in different angles (using a rotor) to receive all the channels I want. I am not able to have VOOM pull the PG for all the channels I want because not all of them are found in one single scan. Those channels were mapped in my area before and I used to receive the PG for all of them with the previous version of software. With the new scanning software, I would gradually lose the PG for NBC, for example, because the recent scan saved does not include that channel for the reason that the antenna was not pointing at the direction to receive it during the scan. I hope I have expained it well. But if not, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

RogerD

So what you are saying is that when you did your scan NBC came up and replaced the NBC that had your PG information. So now you have no PG information on NBC? (I am just using NBC as an example). Is this what is happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts