New Packages Confusing

I fully understand your post Mike the problem is even the executive office reps are still telling me the $49.99 DVR Advantage Plan comes with AT250 for no additional charge, even though like your post shows it is an additional $10.00

THe way it works is that everyone starts with 49.99 for the top 200 channels. Then you can upgrade to:

PLAN 1. NO HD

1. Hbo and showtime for $20.00. OR
2. Choose any 2 of the following premium channels : $20.00 Cinemax, Showtime ,Starz ,Playboy, or top 250 bonus pack . OR
3. Choose Hbo or any one of the following: $22.00 Cinemax,Showtime,
Starz, Playboy or top 250 bonus pack.

Then you can add any one of the following for $10.00 each:
Hbo , Cinemax , Showtime,Starz.Playboy, or top 250 bonus pack.

PLan 2. HD

Start with top 200 dvr advantage pack for $49.99 and then add
1. HD pack for $20.00

Then you can add any of the following for $10.00 each :
Hbo, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz , Playboy , top 250 bonus pack.

There are many ways to add the above to get the best price . But basicly everyone starts with the top 200 and then based on what you add either 2 movie packs for 20.00 or a combination of top 250 upgrade and one premium movie pack , you can then add other movie packs for 10.00 each. The other way is to first add hd pack for 20.00 and then you can add bonus pack or any other movie pack for 10.00 each.

Ok got a clear answer now, and I think many people will be happy, you get the AT250 free with the DVR Advantage for $49.99 if you sign up for either Credit Card Auto Pay or an 18 month contract.

Without Credit Card Auto Pay, or an 18 month contract you only get the AT200 for the $49.99 with the option to upgrade to the AT250 for the additional $10.00.

Hope that clears everything up, and this was confirmed to me and explained more clearly by the rep at the Executive Office.

David

Hmmm, I'm thinking that's only for new customers. I'm an existing Dish customer with the old HD silver package and I tried to sign up and get the "free" upgrade to AT250 with the DVR advantage package + HD package by doing the credit card auto-billing and the CSR told me that all the auto-billing would get me is a $3 a month discount on my total bill. No AT200 to AT250 "free" upgrade. That would run me an additional $10.. so I declined and stuck with the HD package + DVR Advantage that comes with AT200.

Oh well, at least I lowered my bill by $3 a month with the auto-billing.

I am not a new customer, and this is what I got, even the first CSR said that I could get the AT250 for the $49.99 but he explained differently than the reps at the exec office, but in the end all 3 told me same thing I just didn't understand the break down until the last rep at the exec office broke it down step by step each option and he could only do that after he had me on hold confirming this with higher ups at his office.

David

David if you get that price for the top 250 I say great but that is not the way the website does it. It wasn't the way csr and I went over it either when I went over my bill either . But if you can get a $10.00 discount for just having an 18 month commitment and auto credit card pay then I say that is one hell of a deal. I had the same setup and they didn' t offer me that. Please post your billing the first clear month that you don't have the confusing credits and charges. I want to see exactly what you are being charged. IF you are getting this and no one else except new customers than I would think that the ceo office thinks you are a new customer or they gave you 10.00 off deal that the new customers get.

Last edited:
After changing my packages, I asked how I could get the Charlotte locals in HD, I get them in SD now and I have an OTA antenna for HD locals and I need the locals on my package to get the HD guide data
David

Don't you get the guide information under "All Channels?" These channels show up on my guide (in red, indicating that I don't have them) and have program descriptions (622 HD receiver).

I have an OTA antenna hooked up to my 622 having the locals from DISH gives me guide data on the local OTA HD channels without them all I get in the guide is "Digital Service" I called back and they got the locals turned back on and a tech is coming tomorrow to upgrade my DISH and Switch to one capable of getting the 118.7 satellite where the Charlotte HD locals are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)