New Packages Confusing

david803sc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Ok the new packages are confusing becuase not all the information seems to be included, but here is my question I currently have the HDTV Platinum package and a 622 and a 211 I want to lower my bill if possible, I only care about HDTV channels, I need locals but just for guide info, as I use an OTA antenna. So what is the best package where I can keep all the HDTV channels and have the least amount of SD channels, I was looking at the DVR Package, and adding HDTV with 2 premium channels.

I am currently getting the HDTV $10 credit per month and don't want to loose that, Any idea which way is the best for me to go? when you look at the online comparison it still shows the metal packages and AT180 etc so this is adding to my confusion. but it looks like the DVR advanatge includes the DVR fees and local channels, so this is why I was thinking this may be the best option, anyone can help decipher this for me?

Thanks,

David

Will I keep the VOOM Channels? Will I loose any other HD Channels. and after the DVR fees and locals fee would the DVR advantage be better?

the lost you can go is at-100 with dish hd $29.99 + 20

do you want what's the least expensive? or do you want something that also has 2 premiums?

Drop the premiums and you'll save a significant ammount

With both options you'll lose national geographic hd and the 3rd hd premium you choose not to get

Here's The At100 w/locals 2 premiums, dvr fee vs. DVR Advantage

AT 100 $29.99
Locals $5
DishHD $20
Additional Receiver Fee $6
DVR Fee $5.98
2 Premiums $22

vs.

DVR Advantage $49.99
Dish HD $20
2 Premiums $20
Total - 95.99

I want the most HD with the least SD and anything that would cut my bill down even just $10 or $20 a month. as I am paying $105 right now, and I need to cut back a little.

do you want what's the least expensive? or do you want something that also has 2 premiums?

Drop the premiums and you'll save a significant ammount

Here's The At100 w/locals 2 premiums, dvr fee vs. DVR Advantage

AT 100 $29.99
Locals $5
DishHD $20
DVR Fee $5.98
2 Premiums $22

vs.

DVR Advantage $49.99
Dish HD $20
2 Premiums $20

Pricing Sheets

Thanks Claude - those pricing sheets make it alot easier to figure the different options.

Guys, I don't think the DVR advantage sheet on that link is correct.

All indications have been that the DVR Advantage plan is $49.99/month, which would include the Top 200 + locals + DVR fee. Why is it listed on here as $54.99 instead? Makes no sense. According to these sheets, the DVR advantage plan is a rip-off.

For example: Let's say that I want the Top 200 + Locals + HBO + HD + DVR + 1 extra non-HD receiver. According to the "standard" pricing sheet, I would pay a total of $93.96/month ($67.98 for Top 200 + Locals + HBO with 2 receivers PLUS $5.98/month DVR fee + $20 HD fee. Am I right????). Yet, with the DVR Advantage plan, I'm going to pay $1.02 MORE. For that same plan it shows a $74.98 charge, plus $20 for the HD, for a total of $94.98. Makes no sense.

I believe that the DVR Advantage pricing worksheet is overstating all of the rates by $5. It appears to me that whoever created this chart failed to realize that locals are included in the DVR Advantage package and there was no need for them to add the $5 to all of the base-rates for them.

Agree???

That was my next question because I saw the inconsistency, my guess is also that the chart is wrong since on the Dish Network website does show the correct price of 49.99 for the DVR Advantage Plan.

Also on the chart is says add $1 for additional HDTV receiver so does that mean my VIP211 is only going to cost a $1 instead of the regular $5 additional fee?

My other question is, will I loose my current credits if I switch, I am getting the $10 HD credit right now, i wouldn't think I would loose it as I am keeping the HD package and they still offer the $10 off for one year?

Guys, I don't think the DVR advantage sheet on that link is correct.

All indications have been that the DVR Advantage plan is $49.99/month, which would include the Top 200 + locals + DVR fee. Why is it listed on here as $54.99 instead? Makes no sense. According to these sheets, the DVR advantage plan is a rip-off.

For example: Let's say that I want the Top 200 + Locals + HBO + HD + DVR + 1 extra non-HD receiver. According to the "standard" pricing sheet, I would pay a total of $93.96/month ($67.98 for Top 200 + Locals + HBO with 2 receivers PLUS $5.98/month DVR fee + $20 HD fee. Am I right????). Yet, with the DVR Advantage plan, I'm going to pay $1.02 MORE. For that same plan it shows a $74.98 charge, plus $20 for the HD, for a total of $94.98. Makes no sense.

I believe that the DVR Advantage pricing worksheet is overstating all of the rates by $5. It appears to me that whoever created this chart failed to realize that locals are included in the DVR Advantage package and there was no need for them to add the $5 to all of the base-rates for them.

Agree???

Last edited:
yes, claude's dvr sheet is incorrect

and the add $1 for additional hd receivers, refers to the receivers being $6 for additional rooms, veruss sd receivers which are only $5

I have opted for DishAdvantage 250(includes locals)+HD+2 premiums. I have 2 leased DVR's. I am alarmed by the note on the DVR Advantage matrix that says there is no price advantage for what I have over the regular.

After speaking with someone in the CEO office (before seeing this thread) I was led to believe my MR would be 110.97.

Looking at the chart for DVR Advantage that is straight forward: 90.97+20=110.97
Is that correct? Would I actually save by not doing the DVR Advantage or does the regular pricing list not reflect charges in as simple a way as the advantage list (ie: add on fees)?

___

While I was typing the original post two other's popped in saying Claude's list was wrong. I hope if it is wrong that we can see a corrected version. Seeing everything broken down on a matrix like that is a really great way to cut thru the fog of the pricing. Seeing something like that would clear things up for me.

Last edited:
I called and I was told the DISH DVR Advantage comes with AT250 for the 49.99 but according to the site it is the AT200, but the rep was firm that it was the 250. He said I would keep all my credits and he said he changed the package, I dropped showtime and I am still getting it, so I am starting to think an hour later that maybe he didn't change it? How could he say it is changed and not take effect? I also logged online and looked at recent activity and it shows nothing for today.

David

I have opted for DishAdvantage 250(includes locals)+HD+2 premiums. I have 2 leased DVR's. I am alarmed by the note on the DVR Advantage matrix that says there is no price advantage for what I have over the regular.

After speaking with someone in the CEO office (before seeing this thread) I was led to believe my MR would be 110.97.

Looking at the chart for DVR Advantage that is straight forward: 90.97+20=110.97
Is that correct? Would I actually save by not doing the DVR Advantage or does the regular pricing list not reflect charges in as simple a way as the advantage list (ie: add on fees)?

___

While I was typing the original post two other's popped in saying Claude's list was wrong. I hope if it is wrong that we can see a corrected version. Seeing everything broken down on a matrix like that is a really great way to cut thru the fog of the pricing. Seeing something like that would clear things up for me.

I called and I was told the DISH DVR Advantage comes with AT250 for the 49.99 but according to the site it is the AT200, but the rep was firm that it was the 250. He said I would keep all my credits and he said he changed the package, I dropped showtime and I am still getting it, so I am starting to think an hour later that maybe he didn't change it? How could he say it is changed and not take effect? I also logged online and looked at recent activity and it shows nothing for today.

David

If Showtime hasn't dropped within about 15 min they just haven't made a change. The first time I called (2/1) I was given a low low quote for DishDVR Advantage (DDA) AT250+HD+Starz/HBO - (87.00). I waited over 24 hours of not seeing any changes in part because Iwas clinging to the irrational hope that somehow the quote was right and another rep might mess it up.

When I finally was able to log onto my account I found no changes other than the automatic change Dish would have made to switch me from Platinum to its new equivalent. And the kicker was that somehow they dropped me from Autopay sometime in Jan. (show I was showing behind a month) and then revised my new billing cycle from the 13th to the 1st. The site said I owed something like 267.00 and was behind and needed to do immediate payment to avoid interruption. After several unreasonably long hold times to speak to a live rep (somewhere, anywhere) I crossed my eyes and paid the full amount just to eliminate one more potential problem (figuring an adjustment would be forthcoming).

Finally on Monday I called back and re-ordered the change. I saw Showtime and Cinemax drop almost immediately. Since that time I've called repeatedly to find out what package they show me on and what the monthly rate is. I get a different answer each time I call in. When CEO called me back and said the MR is 110.97 I figured they would have a better idea than the average rep. (Based on what various reps have told me I figure it is going to be somewhere between 97.97 and 112.97). Still can't access the accounts info on the dish site so I will wait until then the restart the call cycle.

Well. Claude?

Whether it's accurate or not I applaud that he posted the matri:mad:s). No one else seems to have the definitive answer (including Dish) so why should Claude? But what he posted is a big step towards clarity (once we can be sure they are 100% accurate).

I am on the phone with the executive office, they are so confused themselves, and apparently the rep today did not change my plan. Also I am trying to explain to them that the website with the new plans is confusing since when you click on the comparison of the plans the comparison shows all the old plans not the new ones.

The executive office rep is telling me that the DVR Advantage Plan comes with AT250 for $49.99 since I am an existing customer, he is saying for new customers the only get the AT200 and can pay $10 more for the AT250, he is also saying existing customers do not need credit card auto pay I can opt for a new 18 month contract in lieu of the credit card auto pay, He him self is telling me he is confused and does not understand their plans, so if the executive office doesn't understand the plans and the website comparison charts shows the old plans, how is anybody supposed to understand this stuff?

Plus he doesn't seem to care or be concerned with the fact that the rep this afternoon lied to me by telling me he changed my plan and he really didn't. I can tell you that concerns me when I spend 45 minutes on the phone with a rep and did not make any of the changes I asked for.

After changing my packages, I asked how I could get the Charlotte locals in HD, I get them in SD now and I have an OTA antenna for HD locals and I need the locals on my package to get the HD guide data, but wit the OTA I cannot record one local and watch another, so I figured lets see if I could get the satellite HD locals while I was on the phone so he put in an order in to upgrade my dish but he turned off my locals and said I cannot get them back on again until I get my DISH upgraded a week from now, than he started yelling at me saying I was asking to much that he was trying to help me, he charged me $59.95 on my credit card for the upgrade and I ended the conversation since he was getting nasty so I called back to talk to someone else to get my locals turned back on, and I am on hold.

Plus I still do not understand the fact he keeps saying I am on AT250 not DVR Advantage, even though that is what I asked for. Well hopefully I will get some answers when I call back the executive line for the third time.

David

Last edited:
THe way it works is that everyone starts with 49.99 for the top 200 channels. Then you can upgrade to:

PLAN 1. NO HD

1. Hbo and showtime for $20.00. OR
2. Choose any 2 of the following premium channels : $20.00 Cinemax, Showtime ,Starz ,Playboy, or top 250 bonus pack . OR
3. Choose Hbo or any one of the following: $22.00 Cinemax,Showtime,
Starz, Playboy or top 250 bonus pack.

Then you can add any one of the following for $10.00 each:
Hbo , Cinemax , Showtime,Starz.Playboy, or top 250 bonus pack.

PLan 2. HD

Start with top 200 dvr advantage pack for $49.99 and then add
1. HD pack for $20.00

Then you can add any of the following for $10.00 each :
Hbo, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz , Playboy , top 250 bonus pack.

There are many ways to add the above to get the best price . But basicly everyone starts with the top 200 and then based on what you add either 2 movie packs for 20.00 or a combination of top 250 upgrade and one premium movie pack , you can then add other movie packs for 10.00 each. The other way is to first add hd pack for 20.00 and then you can add bonus pack or any other movie pack for 10.00 each.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)