New Pax station?

mdovell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
I know that I think it was Faith TV that is no longer OTA but I thought I read of a channel that was called WBPXDT5....5?

Can anyone confirm if there's a new station?

I did get these results from the FCC:

Search Parameters Callsign: WBPX
Call Channel | Service Status City State Country File Number Docket FacilityID ERP HAAT Licensee/Permittee
WBPX 32 + TV APP BOSTON MA US BPCT-20020213AAH - 7692 700. kW 292. m PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.
WBPX 32 DT LIC BOSTON MA US BLCDT-20040723ACG - 7692 300. kW 292. m PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.
WBPX 68 + TV LIC BOSTON MA US BLCT-19910926KH - 7692 1350. kW 249. m PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.

*** 3 Records Retrieved ***

Last edited:
Hmm it's interesting with a scan I came up with some more channels. Apparently it looks like the whole pax things is now called the i channel....

there's ion (assuming it means i channel 1)
qubo (just shows a splash screen of go to qubo.com...looks to be a childrens channel starting 2007)
ion w (assuming ion west...probably same content but off a few hours).
worship...not changed

This is also a bit interesting because it's the first time I think I've gotten univision not that I'll watch it but it's the first time it's came up...then again we got the first real good rainstorm for the first time in a few weeks so maybe that had something to do with it.

This is pretty interesting though. Now I get a bit more than two dozen channels...:)

WBPX is digital on channel 32. I could find no reference to them having anything to do with channel 5. WCVB's analog channel is 5. Are you referring to a subchannel on WBPX's signal or a cable or satellite channel ID? Here's a link to info on TV in the Boston market:

http://radiostationworld.com/Locations/United_States_of_America/Massachusetts/tv_information.asp?m=bos

If you use this link click on the stations "Complete FCC data" link and you'll get the FCC information about the station as well as have a link to the maps of coverage areas for each transmitter (both on air and proposed). You'll get more complete information if you use the link on the analog listing for each station as the info for it will show both analog and digital information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts