New PBS HD now on some Local Markets

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I hope they decide to include other LA PBS stations. I know KCET is the major PBS station we have but KOCE tends to have more music & BBC programming. And what about the side channels? Will we ever get those for any local channel?

Is amazing what the power of HD can have...I never watched PBS prior to HD

Miami WPBT

QUOTE=iceturkee;1611897]thanks, i saw the miami add after i posted my question.[/QUOTE]

I live in Coral Springs. Just 10 miles North of Ft Lauderdale.
I get Miami WPBT.

Its in glorious HD!! I just checked....How cool is that.

I would never have known this.

Thanks to you guys for keeping me in the loop!!

Thanks for this information.

I'm in the Detroit market; so I'm among the first group.

I do have an aunt in the Denver market, which has not one but two PBS affiliates. So I hope Denver comes in real soon.

This is all well and good but, Our local PBS station (WMVS Ch10) is butchering their HD feed.

I pick mine up OTA. As an example of the butchering, Last night I tuned in to the Celtic Woman special.

It was widescreen letter boxed, then the blue WMVS Side bars, then Black Pillar bars.

This is the norm for them. I have yet to see anything on Ch 10 in true HD.

If that's what they're going to feed D* I think I'll pass. So much for PBS being the leader in the Digital/HD conversion.

Although I can tune into 2 sub channels on Ch. 10 and on their other channel, WMVT 36 I can tune into NINE! NINE! sub channels.

Is there a master list from D*, or should I check my locals to add to the list being collected here?

I would have to go off of my Favorites list to check - I don't have any of the D* HD locals on that list as I watch all of my HD locals via OTA.

My guess is we'll get the state PBS network here, so they can knock out Atlanta, Augusta, Macon and Savannah all with one channel. Or is there some weird FCC regulation prohibiting that? They are all different main stations that happen to show the same programming.

Is there a master list from D*, or should I check my locals to add to the list being collected here?

I would have to go off of my Favorites list to check - I don't have any of the D* HD locals on that list as I watch all of my HD locals via OTA.

I checked. No PBS HD in Madison, WI area. But very nice PBS HD via OTA!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts