New PC version of Dish Anywhere fixes a problem

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
Usually I post problems with Dish Anywhere, but today I noticed that the new PC versions of Dish Anywhere fixed a problem that was present in the previous versions. It appears that the latest PC versions of Dish Anywhere Video Player (2.29.3) and DishAnywherePlayer (2.1.6.429) no longer interfere with the screen saver or the PC going to sleep. In previous versions, the PC screen saver would not activate and the PC was prevented from going into sleep mode.

Usually I post problems with Dish Anywhere, but today I noticed that the new PC versions of Dish Anywhere fixed a problem that was present in the previous versions. It appears that the latest PC versions of Dish Anywhere Video Player (2.29.3) and DishAnywherePlayer (2.1.6.429) no longer interfere with the screen saver or the PC going to sleep. In previous versions, the PC screen saver would not activate and the PC was prevented from going into sleep mode.

How do you update?

My laptop updated yesterday open the app go into guide and try to watch a channel a popup will show up offering a update.

I've tried that and tried clicking the Watch Live button. Still no update offer.

Do you mean it would prevent sleep even when not active? Because I thought it was pretty normal for video players to keep the machine awake...
Yes, the old version would prevent sleep even when Dish Anywhere was not active. The new version keeps the PC awake when you are watching video, but it no longer interferes when it is not active.

I’m glad it works better on PC. Not so much on iOS with the iPad Pro. Since the last update the interface is screwed up. Everything is smaller and shifted to the left and the guide only covers half the screen.

ADD99505-BFE9-48C3-9493-BEB1486EE105.png F4D95215-8369-4E06-891C-5538FA91C71A.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)