New Phone and lost SatelliteGuys app

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I upgraded my IPhone 8+ to an IPhone 12 Pro Max. All of my 90 apps successfully transferred from the ICloud except the Satelliteguys app. Since it is no longer available in the Istore it would not install.
I am forced to use safari. This really sucks and my posts will probably be drastically reduced . I really miss the simplicity of the SatelliteGuys app.

If you go to the Forums home page, you can touch the share icon (box with the arrow pointing up out of the box) and select Add to Home Screen:
1633836633955.png
It may be Safari, but it’s pretty much just as usable as the unavailable SatelliteGuys App. There’s also Tapatalk, but others maybe able to assist with that.

Use Tapatalk, its the same app. :)

Tapatalk discontinued individual forum apps a few years ago. The app remained in the store until it was pulled as it was not using the current API needed by Apple (and then Google). all along Tapatalk was charging us monthly for maintaining our app without telling us they were discontinued.

I have been looking for a replacement but all of the ones I have seen take the website and put it in the app... basically the app is just calling the website. Then there is one like Tapatalk but they want $1,200 a month for it. Hard pass. :D

Use Tapatalk, its the same app. :)

Tapatalk discontinued individual forum apps a few years ago. The app remained in the store until it was pulled as it was not using the current API needed by Apple (and then Google). all along Tapatalk was charging us monthly for maintaining our app without telling us they were discontinued.

I have been looking for a replacement but all of the ones I have seen take the website and put it in the app... basically the app is just calling the website. Then there is one like Tapatalk but they want $1,200 a month for it. Hard pass. :D
OK now I understand it a little better. The SatGugs app that I use calls up the web site. Could that be why it opens slower than if it was a true app? It takes sometimes up to about 10 seconds to open, mostly about 2 seconds. It doesn't snap to it like a regular app or like a web site that let's you put an icon on the home screen.

I installed Tapatalk and it is much more user friendly than using Safari to access SatelliteGuys.us.
The negative is that Tapatalk displays ads so I guess I will be getting ads even though I subscribe to SatelliteGuys.
But Scott is correct in stating that Tapatalk works the same way as the old SatelliteGuys app. Of course Tapatalk wants me to subscribe to other forums. I will have to see if Tapatalk works with Avsforums. That is the only other forum I occasionally use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts