New Poll: HDMI Port vs Length of Use

211, 411, and 622 owners regularly using their HDMI port, please report experience

• Using less than 1 month, works fine

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Using less than 1 month, having problems

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Using 1 to 3 months, works fine

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Using 1 to 3 months, having problems

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Using more than 3 months, works fine

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • Using more than 3 months, having problems

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
622 reliability - more info coming!

BTW - I hope to get a bit of time to continue my 622 experiments this weekend. I want to throw up the 4228 temporarily to see if that helps me any with my OTA situation (different thread), start my permanent fan mounting (still have the lid off with 3 fans blowing down on the BC chip and HDD), and perhaps get a close-up photo of that SMT HDMI connnector for you. I also identified that main BC chip and d/l'd the info on it (what a workhorse!) and sent an e-mail to the company requesting some information about the temp. limits. It might be 85 deg. C, but it might be lower, which would prompt more concern about how hot it runs. FWIW - since I have had those fans blowing on it the max. surface temp. I have seen is around 125F and the HDD is reporting new lows and avgs.

More to come...!

Not enough responses yet in this poll to make a strong statistically claim.

But if the lower rate holds and the responses climb, then there will be.

Note that in the first poll, the number of HDMI failures was lower at the start. I remember checking in after 54 responses and there were only 18 failures, not too much different than this poll.

However in the last 122 reports, there have been 52 failures, a 42.6% failure rate. So it may be that people with working HDMI ports are quicker to respond to the polls, for whatever reason.

TBarclay said:
All right, here's the deal. Got the 622 in early April. HDMI worked great. After about 6 weeks (and not in connection with a software update) it went dead. Nothing worked to get it back. Finally, got Dish to send a replacement. HDMI works great again. It's not the TV. Not the software. It's the 622!

I did the same thing except that the replacement 622 also failed. I am now using the components ports.

My installer said there are 5k 622s out there with bad HDMI connections. I told him mine was ver. D and he said there was no way to tell which ones they are. Mine is fine so far, (less than a month) but is necessary so I can use the components for my projector.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts