new poster here..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tattman32

Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
hello all..i have a question about changing tv2 to a different room.forgive me if its posted in another thread..bacically,i have the 2 dish set-up(hd) and tv2 is set in the basement and i want to have it in upstairs bedroom.what is the easiest way to do this? i bought this home with it already wired this way and i didnt think to ask dish guy to change wiring. thanks to anyone who could help.:up

You must have a cable to the upstairs bedroom that you want it in. If you do you just need to connect it the receiver. Sometimes this is done using diplexers. Do you have a central point where all your cables come together?

well i can see 2 wires coming from roof..1 goes into side of house to bedroom that goes into 311 receiver,the other goes down to basement into splitter...i know there are more wires going around,such as the wire going to main tv(tv1) in living room..one wire from basement splitter goes directly into tv for tv2...im guessing i can just go from splitter in basement to tv in bedroom,then i would have the one wire that goes into 311 going nowhere unless i need to hook it up to complete curcuit,for lack of a better term.im sure im leaving something out as far as set up of these wires,not as simple as cable.

well i can see 2 wires coming from roof..1 goes into side of house to bedroom that goes into 311 receiver,the other goes down to basement into splitter...i know there are more wires going around,such as the wire going to main tv(tv1) in living room..one wire from basement splitter goes directly into tv for tv2...im guessing i can just go from splitter in basement to tv in bedroom,then i would have the one wire that goes into 311 going nowhere unless i need to hook it up to complete curcuit,for lack of a better term.im sure im leaving something out as far as set up of these wires,not as simple as cable.

it should be a Diplexer, not a splitter, but yes...
the easiest thing to do would be to run a wire from the diplexer to the room you would like to move tv2 to.

then you mention the 311... are you wanting to move the tv2 side to the room where the 311 is now? or to a different room?

yes,diplexer..my mistake...basically i want to switch the tv's...tv2 to upstairs,311 to basement..so ill just run cable up to bedroom then run cable from roof(cable to 311) to basement into 311..that simple? i may have to extend roof cable to reach,but it shouldnt be that hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)