Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
When I select "New Posts (Entire Site)" it comes up with "Page Not Found" and when I select "New Posts - Today's Posts (Entire Site)" it comes up with the first page but when I select another page to view it also comes up with "Page Nout Found".

I'm getting this a lot trying to post messages as well. And then when I try to post the message again, the board says it's a duplicate post, but the original post doesn't exist (at least isn't visible).

I get the same thing. It's been happening the past few days.

Ive been getting that on my laptop. Its been happening since upgrading to Vbulletin 3.03.

I will look into it.

On Vbulletin's support site they say to tell us to tell users to clear their cache, as the java that runs in the backround for the editor has been changed.

So please try that.

This problem does not happen to me on any of the 5 machines here at home, but it does happen to my main laptop.

This doesn't happen to me but one thing that has happenend to me is sometimes when I go to edit a post I get subscribed to the thread. Any idea about that?

Scott Greczkowski said:
On Vbulletin's support site they say to tell us to tell users to clear their cache, as the java that runs in the backround for the editor has been changed.

So please try that.

This problem does not happen to me on any of the 5 machines here at home, but it does happen to my main laptop.

I cleared everything and it looks better; I will report if it continues. Another thing is that whenever I reply to a thread, the thread gets highlighted as if it was a new post in the thread but it was only my post that was posted. It should not be highlighting my own posting to me.

Scott Greczkowski said:

So please try that.

I did this yesterday on all my PCs and I am still getting the page not found. One tip copy everything to the clipboard before hitting the submit button else you may lose everything.

I HATE it when I type a long (or an message for that matter) and then have it lost. Sometimes I am able to click back and get my message but I do not think that works lately.

I have had this problem on DBSTalk as well.

Sean Mota said:
One tip copy everything to the clipboard before hitting the submit button else you may lose everything.
Yes, that's what I am now doing too! I am pressing Ctrl-A Ctrl-C before hitting Submit. ;)

I'm getting the Page Not Founds... here again this morning clicking on New Posts (from the New Posts - Entire Site) listing. My IE cache and cookies are both cleared.

I wonder if this is a result of staying on this site for too long without any activity or not going to a second page of the listed results. I read a while back where it resets after 30 minutes.

stargazer,

I do not think so. I just entered the site responded to a pm got the "no found" page and lost the response (I forgot to copy to clipboard).

Actually Stargazer may be on to something.

I just got a note from Vbulletin support telling me to try turning the Cookie Timeout down. Currently is is set for 60 minutes (that is what all the DBS forums use)

However VB support tells me that with lately 1000+ people on in 60 minutes the server actually keeps a connection open for each of those 1000+ members. By turning down the cookie timeout it lowers the amount of connections open and could fix this problem.

We are also moving to the new server on Saturday, the new server has more memory, at the moment we are topped out on memory and the server is doing a lot of disk caching.

Hey I will give it a try. It will stink not to see 1000 + people online anymore but if it makes the site run better, I am all for it. :D

I think the sessions at Satellite Guys are longer than DBStalk or DBSforums. I will read the latests new posts from the three sites, go do something, then come back later and do the read latests posts again. The other two sites will only have the new posts since the last time I visited, SG will have the new posts plus all the posts from before. You really have to be gone quite a while before the SG session times out. It is definitely more than 60 minutes.

The cookie timeout is set for 3600 seconds. (Although I am just about to go change it to 30 minutes to see if it helps with things) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)