New pq improvements/new players

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
It seems the BR PQ battle is pretty stagnate right now. The new Pioneers, Sony's, Panny's and Sammy's all see to be on par in most areas, just features separate them.

Would be nice to see one of them raise the bar in the PQ department. While my current BD35 looks very good, I gotta believe they still have more headroom.

Good point. Also, its the movies. Lets face it, most directors put a twist on the visual effect, and its seldom that you get the pristine HD effect you want, but thats not really what makes the movie.

120hz processing and such is another example for me, because I cannot get used to the fast forward look. I see judder at the theater, I like judder during a movie at home, anything else just seems unnatural, and hopefully I'll always have that option.

I reckon the next step would be higher resolution.

Wonder how far off that is? I guess they would need a physical media in place for that, or that might be where physical media dies.

I do not think physical media would have an issue. They could always go 8-16 layer BD. 4k would probably derail downloads since it would be 4x the info. Getting televisions to 4k would be another issue, front projectors would probably be the first technology to go 4k.

I do not think physical media would have an issue. They could always go 8-16 layer BD. 4k would probably derail downloads since it would be 4x the info. Getting televisions to 4k would be another issue, front projectors would probably be the first technology to go 4k.

4k and higer, although available commercially, is not at all likely to be coming to the normal home environment.

3D however is coming. Not sure how well it will be acceptable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)