New prices/packages?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I see some of the changes on the site, Change Programming - Base Packages.

There is a red ticket image labeled "PLUS HD NO LOCALS - PLUS HD - no locals, $66.99/Monthly. Over 185 of the most popular channels with DVR and HD service included." but I don't see "PLUS HD" (with locals). I guess PLUS HD has a locals separate package? Each one of the packages has two selections, one with locals and one without, except for PLUS HD. Maybe they inadvertently omitted PLUS HD with locals?

Also I found it odd that there are two FAMILY package selections, one with locals and one without locals, and they are both $29.99.

ok, so right now I have what is now called plus HD. At the bottome of the DTV programing page, it says currently I am subcribed to a package we no longer offer. So I guess to keep my HD at 9.99, I want to keep it as it is? correct? I should not see a change in programing?

Is HD programing included in Preimer, if it is with that and DVR fee, it almost makes sense to upgrade to that, if I am doing my math right? Though I am no math expert!

Last edited:
<snip>for example, if a customer has the NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ SuperFan™
package, he/she will get the HD games included in that package; or, if a customer has HBO®, he/she will get
HBO® HD. <snip>
I think this means that there will no longer be a fee for Super Fan with the NFL ST., that will save some money and offset the cost right there.

Jimbo

The way I read it, D* is still double-dipping: the customer must have HD equipment (and pay the access fee), AND subscribe to ST Superfan package. It does not say subscribe to Sunday Ticket. They're explicitly calling-out the Superfan package.

Personally, I'd only care about the HD content; the redzone channel and any future interactive content is of no interest to me.

ok, so right now I have what is now called plus HD. At the bottome of the DTV programing page, it says currently I am subcribed to a package we no longer offer. So I guess to keep my HD at 9.99, I want to keep it as it is? correct? I should not see a change in programing?

Is HD programing included in Preimer, if it is with that and DVR fee, it almost makes sense to upgrade to that, if I am doing my math right? Though I am no math expert!

If you actually went and upgraded to Plus HD then you have no need for the old HD package. The new HD access fee is included with the Plus HD package.

Premier includes the DVR fee but *not* the HD fee.
So grand total Premier with HD access fee would be 110.98.

Are you sure about that? I think Premier DOES include the HD fee. Basically they have gotten rid of the HD Access fee, and just rolled it into their packages.

So for those with the DVR and HD and maybe one premium channel right now, are any of you inclined to upgrade to the "Premier" package or not really becouse it does not make a big diffrence??

Last edited:
If HD was included in Premier, I would upgrade (+$5 a month).

As it is, I guess they would charge $10+ for the HD, so +$15 for the extra channels. Not worth it for me.

No one answered hiker, where is the HD plus with locals? This is the first day of the new packages so I assume they will fix it sometime.

No one answered hiker, where is the HD plus with locals? This is the first day of the new packages so I assume they will fix it sometime.
Thinking about it a little more...
It's either a bug in the DirecTV web site or it could be omitted because that's what you, like me, essentially have now: TC+, locals, DVR, and HD pkg. But we are going to be paying $2.02 less than PLUS HD w/locals ($69.99) at $51.99 (TC+ w/locals) + $5.99 (DVR) + $9.99 (HD pkg) = $67.97. :)

My current package is:
Total Choice = 44.99
HD Fee = 9.99 (moving to 10.99?)
DVR Fee = 5.99

This total is $60.97 (may change to $61.97)
The Plus HD package = $69.99

So $8 or $9 more if you signed up today.

Premium is $99, but requires the HD Fee ($10.99) = $109.99
* So basically $50 more for the rest of the premiums and sports pack. That seems like a terrible deal. You can purchase them alacart for what, $20 or $30?

Items that don't change are
Premiums = $12 + $11 +$10, etc (I have $23)
Lease/Add Receiver Fee = 4.99

----------
My current bill is the $60.97 + $23 + 2x $4.99 = $93.95 + tax

I think it will go up at least $1 (what is this $3 I'm hearing about).

I noticed that. I am guess they will update that, after phone calls

the Plus HD includes locals for 69.99, or without for the whatever discount.

log-in and you can see all the packages.

logo_family.gif
FAMILY, $29.99/Monthly.
Over 40 Channels of family programming suitable for all ages. Includes locals.

Choose Package
Learn More

logo_family_nl.gif

FAMILY - no locals, $29.99/Monthly.
Over 40 Channels of family programming suitable for all ages.

Choose Package
Learn More

logo_choice_nl.gif

CHOICE - no locals, $46.99/Monthly.
Featuring over 140 top networks including movies, sports, family favorites and 50 XM Satellite Radio channels

Choose Package
Learn More

logo_choicextra.gif

CHOICE XTRA, $54.99/Monthly.
Over 185 channels of our most popular television choices, including the best in movies, sports, music, documentary, educational, specialty, family programming and 68 XM Satellite Radio Channels. Includes locals.

Choose Package
Learn More

logo_choicextra_nl.gif

CHOICE XTRA - no locals, $51.99/Monthly.
Over 185 channels of our most popular television choices, including the best in movies, sports, music, documentary, educational, specialty, family programming and 68 XM Satellite Radio Channels.

Choose Package
Learn More

logo_plus.gif

PLUS, $59.99/Monthly.
Over 185 channels featuring the best in television, movies, sports, music, documentary, educational, specialty, family and local programming--with the added convenience of DVR service.

Choose Package
Learn More

logo_plus_nl.gif

PLUS - no locals, 56.99/Monthly.
Over 185 channels featuring the best in television, movies, sports, music, documentary, educational, specialty and family programming--with the added convenience of DVR service.

Choose Package
Learn More

logo_plushd.gif

PLUS HD, $69.99/Monthly.
Over 185 channels of the most popular channels with DVR and HD service built in. Includes locals.

Choose Package
Learn More

logo_plushd_nl.gif

PLUS HD - no locals, $66.99/Monthly.
Over 185 of the most popular channels with DVR and HD service included.

Choose Package
Learn More

logo_premier.gif

PREMIER - $99.99/Monthly.
Our best entertainment package with over 250 channels including locals, 31 premium movie and over 25 specialty sports channels. DVR service is built in. Includes locals.

Choose Package
Learn More

logo_premier_nl.gif

PREMIER - no locals, $96.99/Monthly.
Over best entertainment package with over 250 channels including 31 premium movie and over 25 specialty sports channels. DVR service is even included.

If HD was included in Premier, I would upgrade (+$5 a month).

As it is, I guess they would charge $10+ for the HD, so +$15 for the extra channels. Not worth it for me.

You and me both. I've never understood why this can't work.

Anyone know if you do the Plus HD package @ $69.99 and you have the lifetime DVR service, if the overall price will go down accordingly? (assuming $5 or so)

You know looking at my last months bill, I have:
Total Choice Plus @ $48.99
HD Service @ $9.99
DVR Lifetime Service @ $0.00 (would be $5.99)
HBO @ $12.00
This totals out to $70.98, so I pay $0.99 more for everything the new package has + I get HBO, are we being forced to switch?
If I did not have HBO and the lifetime DVR, my bill would be $64.97 vs. $69.99 for the new package, seems like a steep price hike on this package.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)