New prices/packages?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would be suprised if Directv dosent launch some new Hd Programming to give their subscribers incentive, with Dish wasnt it espn2Hd and Discovery? or something like that.

edit:it was national Geographic.

Last edited:
Saw this at http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6408223.html

In a report Thursday, Citigroup analyst Jason Bazinet wrote that DirecTV’s new price for its basic package, Total Choice, will be $49.99 per month, up $5 from the prior $44.99. That tier will be renamed Choice.
DirecTV’s Total Choice Plus offering, formerly $49.99, is now $5 more, at $54.99, and it is being renamed Choice Xtra, he wrote.
But Mercer said those rates and name changes will only apply to packages for new subscribers. DirecTV’s existing Total Choice subscribers will see their package only rise $3 per month, to $47.99, and existing Total Choice Plus customers will be paying $2 more, or $51.99.

Looks like at least one channel is going to be added...
See here: http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6407151.html
So every fricken new channel they get they are going to have a PPV and HD simulcast of it available in a triple back for an additional fee? Total bullsh$t. You will be paying 300 bucks a month to get all of the new HD channels if thats the plan.

I hope that they don't mean pay per view. The SD and HD will be the same. I wonder if the on demand will be the same as CC where you just get what you want, when you want it?

So every fricken new channel they get they are going to have a PPV and HD simulcast of it available in a triple back for an additional fee? Total bullsh$t. You will be paying 300 bucks a month to get all of the new HD channels if thats the plan.

Quoting the article:
The network -- set to launch March 1 -- will be offered in what the programmer called “a triple-pack service,” including a standard-definition channel, an HD simulcast channel and a video-on-demand channel, as well as broadband on-demand offerings.

First, that sounds very similar to TNT: SD on 247; HD simulcast on 75.

Second, those are NBC's words describing what NBC will offer -- not saying that D* is going to carry all of them. It simply says D* is the first affiliate to offer the new channel.

The term PPV does not appear anywhere in the article. Try reading it next time.

When DirecTV announced carriage of Slueth a week or so ago they said that they would carry the SD channel at launch and add the HD channel in the fall with the other HD additions.
Obviously the video on demand channel can't be added until they get that added to the HR20 and it was announced at CES they hope to have that in beta this spring.

When DirecTV announced carriage of Slueth a week or so ago they said that they would carry the SD channel at launch and add the HD channel in the fall with the other HD additions.
Obviously the video on demand channel can't be added until they get that added to the HR20 and it was announced at CES they hope to have that in beta this spring.

Sleuth has been on for several months now.

Does anyone know if the new Plus HD package will include a free HD-DVR or is it still gonna cost $199??

I am wondering the same thing since I have the new HD box with out the DVR. I am not sure if I want to pay all that cash for HD. Right now I have TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER and HD Package and I am very happy with that. I do not watch much HD as of right now and unless Speed channel goes to HD there are not may stations that I want in HD as of right now.

So this is the way I understand the new structure.. Activating new HD equipment (even if it is replacing another piece of HD equipment - such as replacing an HR10-250 or an H20 with an HR20), will bump you into the new pricing structure. So would changing packages or adding/changing Premium channels...
Sounds like I better turn on the sports pak now....

So this is the way I understand the new structure.. Activating new HD equipment (even if it is replacing another piece of HD equipment - such as replacing an HR10-250 or an H20 with an HR20), will bump you into the new pricing structure. So would changing packages or adding/changing Premium channels...
Sounds like I better turn on the sports pak now....

That seems to be the general concensus.

That seems to be the general concensus.

Well I guess it's better then nothing, they could just make everyone change..
Looks like I better change programing now...I always get SportsPak for baseball and HBO for The Sopranos...

Funny thing... I was just looking over the pricing changes that DishNet is doing and they are now unbundling regular packages and HD. Just last year they started bundling packages with HD and created the metallic packages (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum) so apparently it didn't work out. If DirecTV is trying to copy DishNet they should learn from DishNet's bad experiment.

Funny thing... I was just looking over the pricing changes that DishNet is doing and they are now unbundling regular packages and HD. Just last year they started bundling packages with HD and created the metallic packages (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum) so apparently it didn't work out. If DirecTV is trying to copy DishNet they should learn from DishNet's bad experiment.

The E* web site is still showing the SD packages and the metallic packages for HD. The HD packages are about $15.00 a month more than the SD packages. Did you see something different?

It seems like Directv is getting rid of their cheaper basic packages and forcing everyone to take the higher basic package to get service at all.

I think the only reason they are unbundling the services at E* is so they can get ya twice on a price raise, thinik about this, would you rather (as a owner of a company) raise th prices on HD Silver 5 bucks a month...or raise the price of americas top 200 3 dollars, and raise the price of the HD add on pack 5 dollars. The add on pack for E* costs 20 bucks a month, the DVR plan costs 49.99 a month, I think the pricing is similar, but I am not for sure as I didnt have time to read thorugh it before work, I will compare them later, but I think you will find both companies are going to get your money somehow at this point in the game.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts