new prob with my 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lonewolfe

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 16, 2003
TN
Just noticed a problem. I put it on the Sugar bowl last night (over the air)and after watching for a minute, I got some small black bars in the top left with writing in them. When I switch to a regular sat. channel it is still there. Unplug the 811 and it goes away till I watch over the air programming again. Then it is back, if I leave it on the channel it goes away then comes back. Any ideas what this might be?

Sorry about the previous post, at the time it was saying "you knew kung fu" which indicated a bragging about "skills".

I haven't noticed others posting this particular bug, but I'm sure that you should get responses pretty quick. All of your fellow 811 users are pretty supportive.

I'm not sure that what you describe may be a bug, but could be failing video memory in the 811 causing the problem you described, especially if always the same look in the same exact spot. I'd call Dish and see about a swap.

I love it when dish gives you some BS to get yo u off the phone. I called and they told me my closed captioning was on. I said no its not, they said yes it is. We argued like little kids for 5 minutes before I got mad and told the woman. I know my mf'ing captioning is off. Then she asked what my software version is. I said 281. She said thats the problem I don't have the new software. Well I had my wife download it, and guess what same problem. Well what do you guys think?

I swear there is a thread on this but I can't remember which one. They even had pictures of the tv screen with the black bars/box with text in them, I believe they solved the problem. I'll try to find it.

Ok, I found the thread, but I do not know how to make a link. Here is the date of the thread and the thread name and starter.
Thread: Anyone else experience this?
Thread Starter: Peallen
Date: 11/30/2004
Hope this helps, I'm not to bright with a computer so this was the best I can do. :)

skidog said:
They even had pictures of the tv screen with the black bars/box with text in them, I believe they solved the problem.
The thread referenced never did have a "solution." There's another thread that just popped up with the same issue while watching the Orange Bowl on ABC. Hmmm, and the first thread was about Monday Night Football, another ABC Football production.

A: The 811 doesn't like ABC Sports! ;)

But seriously, I've never seen this on my 811 (P281LADD). Were you watching an ATSC ABC channel, or NTSC? What Market Area?

I have no idea if it it ATSC or NTSC. It is the Memphis area. ABC 24 is the channel I notice it on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)