New Problem? Recorded Show Not In My Recordings

oldengineer

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 14, 2011
Lower Macungie Township, PA
Please merge this if it has been posted but I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

2 recordings of 24-Another Day To Live were recorded, saved and are on the hard drive but do not show on the My Recordings screen. A search for '24' shows both the 30 minute preview and Episode 1 are on the DVR and will play if accessed that way.

This is a known issue we are currently aware of. Here is what we are requesting
Request
note if recordings are in recycle folder, if the event shows completed in the daily schedule, as well as the event titles

Account #

Receiver #

Smart Card #

Hardware ID

Software Version

Can you please send me this information in a PM?

Please merge this if it has been posted but I did a quick search and didn't find anything.2 recordings of 24-Another Day To Live were recorded, saved and are on the hard drive but do not show on the My Recordings screen. A search for '24' shows both the 30 minute preview and Episode 1 are on the DVR and will play if accessed that way.
I had this happen on my first HWS several months ago so I can also confirm that this issue isn't new since this was well before S338 and S342. I could access my recording with a search and watch it, but in My Recordings it was nowhere to be found. It didn't show in an External Hard Drive transfer screen either. I still remember my call to advanced tech support. No solution was offered but they submitted a report and I was left baffled. My missing recording was Aerosmith's Rock For The Rising Sun concert on VH1. After days of frustration, I noticed the concert was being rebroadcast on Palladia. I recorded it and once it was finished, the original VH1 recording miraculously appeared (showing 2 recordings). I immediately saved to an External Hard Drive. Soon after I had a replacement Hopper sent so I can't verify if it was an isolated incident or it would have happened again. You have an opportunity tonight (Friday) to re-record one of the missing shows since FOX is re-showing the two-hour premiere of 24: Live Another Day at 8/7c. I would recommend recording it and seeing if it causes the other recording to reappear. It's slightly different than recording the same show on a different channel, so perhaps it may not work but it's the best option to at least try. In any event, hopefully tonight's recording will be there. 24 being back is a huge deal so I know I'd be upset by already having the premiere messed up from a Hopper error.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)