New Promotions Aug 1?

hvarma2008

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Johnston, IA
I was chatting with a CSR about the HBO/Showtime promotion, which he declined to give me since I already had the HBO/Starz promotion earlier.
When I asked about any other promotions, he said nothing now, but that might change on Aug 1. Anyone have ideas?

23-12-3) Lynn M. Jr.: Thank you for choosing Dish Network, the leader in HD and DVR service. This is Lynn M JR., Operator ID 8JN. I'd be happy to help you with any questions or concerns today. Please hold for 2-3 minutes while I confirm your issue.
(23-12-3) Lynn M. Jr.: Can I have you verify the Zip code on the account please?
Hemant Varma: 50131
(23-12-3) Lynn M. Jr.: Thank you. I see you're asking about the HBO/Showtime promotion?
Hemant Varma: yes
(23-12-3) Lynn M. Jr.: I can assist you with that. Unfortunately, since you took the HBO/Starz promotion last August, you would not qualify for the HBO/Showtime, sorry.
(23-12-3) Lynn M. Jr.: Any customer that took the HBO/Starz cannot get the HBO/Showtime, even employees like me.
Hemant Varma: any other promos going on now?
(23-12-3) Lynn M. Jr.: Nothing you do not already have, unfortunately. That may change on August 1st.
Hemant Varma: Great, I will contact you then!
Hemant Varma: bye
(23-12-3) Lynn M. Jr.: OK.
(23-12-3) Lynn M. Jr.: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network and have a great day!
(23-12-3) Lynn M. Jr.: Since you have indicated that there is nothing more that I can assist you with, I will now be ending this chat session. Thank you

I don't know jack about August promotions, but I suggest you chat again with someone else about getting your HBO/Showtime promo; I had the HBO/Starz promo twice, and still got the HBO/Showtime one. Just keep trying; I think I got it on the fourth CSR chat.

I don't know jack about August promotions, but I suggest you chat again with someone else about getting your HBO/Showtime promo; I had the HBO/Starz promo twice, and still got the HBO/Showtime one. Just keep trying; I think I got it on the fourth CSR chat.

Yep, same here.

No point of getting HBO when Cinemax and HBO show the same movies. As for Showtime, the WORST channel on pay tv taking the longest time to air a new premiere movie and limited studio movies.

No point of getting HBO when Cinemax and HBO show the same movies. As for Showtime, the WORST channel on pay tv taking the longest time to air a new premiere movie and limited studio movies.

Agree on movies. They are good for shows, however.

There are a lot better reasons to get HBO and Showtime than the old movies that both play. Great original programming from both.

those customer who participated in the hbo/starz promotion are not eligible to participate in hbo/showtime promotion. if a customer is told they aren't eligible and keep trying to get it, they are basically attempting to defraud the company.

premium channels are a service you pay a premium to receive. those 3 months free promotions are an opportunity for you to see the channels to determine if you would like to purchase them on an ongoing basis. a trial if you will.. hbo, dish, etc., would prefer to be paid for the service they provide.

everybody wants everything free.

I almost feel like I'm being suckered in by flame bait, but... I got the HBO/Starz promotion when I signed up late last Decemember and they just sent me a postcard offering the free HBO & Showtime promotion. Why would they offer it if I wasn't eligible? And certainly asking to participate in a promotion is hardly attempting to defraud the company.

those customer who participated in the hbo/starz promotion are not eligible to participate in hbo/showtime promotion. if a customer is told they aren't eligible and keep trying to get it, they are basically attempting to defraud the company.

premium channels are a service you pay a premium to receive. those 3 months free promotions are an opportunity for you to see the channels to determine if you would like to purchase them on an ongoing basis. a trial if you will.. hbo, dish, etc., would prefer to be paid for the service they provide.

everybody wants everything free.

I almost feel like I'm being suckered in by flame bait, but... I got the HBO/Starz promotion when I signed up late last Decemember and they just sent me a postcard offering the free HBO & Showtime promotion. Why would they offer it if I wasn't eligible? And certainly asking to participate in a promotion is hardly attempting to defraud the company.

ok, i can see that being confusing. goes against the business rules of that promotion which is that hbo/starz promotion recipients simply aren't eligible for the hbo/showtime promotion.

the aug 1st thing is probably when the hbo/showtime promotion will no longer be offered and so there will likely be a followup offer at that time.

We beg to differ on that one. IMHO, Showtime has far better original series than HBO, and they show ALL their HD movies in OAR unlike open matte/crop friendly, black bar hating HBO. I'd give up HBO, Cinemax and Starz before Showtime.

I already had the HBO/Showtime 3 month promotion last year. I called them last week with a question about my VIP722 and after I got my question answered the CSR said that if I gave them my email address I could have HBO/Showtime for free for 3 months. I said sure and it was on all my sets in less than a minute. So I dont think they have any hard fast rules about how many times you can get it. I think they use it as a reward/bait when they need to.

They do have rules against doing the hbo/showtime promotion for someone who has done the hbo/starz promotion. the csr should enforce it but if they don't check, they don't check.

Check it yourself:

DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557

Existing DISH Network customers: requires qualifying programming package, including a minimum of Classic Bronze 100, TurboHD Bronze, DishLATINO Clásico or a select International programming package. You must either sign up for AutoPay with Paperless Billing or provide a valid email address. You will receive a credit for each of the first 3 months. After 3 months you must call to downgrade or then-current price will apply. Offer expires 7/31/09. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Customers who have received HBO or Showtime as part of a free promotion within the last 6 months are not eligible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)