New Pub Member Feature

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Today we are proud to introduce a new feature for our supporting Pub Members & Founders, and that is the ability for them to change their own usernames.

If you are a Pub Member and wish to change your username just got to Your Account page and click on Change Username.

It should be noted that prevent abuse of this feature you are only allowed to change your username once every 7 days. Also please note SatelliteGuys staff members can see all the usernames you used before even if you use the "incognito" mode.

Thank you for your support of SatelliteGuys!

Being the same account I would think the statistics would remain the same. Just my thought on it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Everything would stay the same except for the username. :) (I do believe that all prior posts would change that the new username)

Reactions: TheKrell
Another NEW Pub Members only feature... Advanced Search.

Features:
  • Exact text searching.
  • Search messages or titles.
  • Search all forums or only those you select.
Questions and Answers:

Q: Can I enter any search text including parenthesis, quotes, slashes and similar text?
A: Yes.

Q: Can I enter partial words?
A: Yes.

Just look for Advanced Search in the Navigation bar. :)

Thanks for your support as we continue making SatelliteGuys better for YOU!

I can kinda see this feature getting abused by those who want to annoy other members (as a joke)...
IE- New handles "Haller's Abducted", "Scott Sucks", "Don Luvs Obama" and "It's Rey's Fault"

Last edited:
Reactions: Rey and TheKrell
Its only available to Pub Members, and I get emailed everytime someone changes their name and what they changed it to... plus the fact they are stuck with the name for a week. :)

If possible, I suggest a "New Handle/Username" thread so we know who's who and who were talking to.
IE- members volunteering to post their new name.

Not feeling being able to change your username, at all, certainly not every 7 days. Once a year maybe? But the better search is very welcome. I would think someone would have do some digging to figure out you changed your username if you don't make it obvious so in most cases the chance of losing it is minimal.

Thanks for giving us the ability to do this Scott. The fact that I used all caps when signing up originally has been bugging me since I learned that the use of upper case denotes shouting. Was totally ignorant of that at the time.

Thanks for giving us the ability to do this Scott. The fact that I used all caps when signing up originally has been bugging me since I learned that the use of upper case denotes shouting. Was totally ignorant of that at the time.

Dude... your avatar really freaks me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.