NEW- Question with HDTV and DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

FinnSatTV

Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Okay, I have been reading many post about the DTV and all its options. You all seem to be helpful to others so, I have a question that I hope someone can help me with.

I am a current Comcast Digital HDTV subscriber that is very unhappy paying $155/month. SO.....

I am 99% that I will be buying DTV through the site and getting the promo - 4 free months of premier w/ NFL ticket and three regular box (3 room) install.

The question: Does any know if I can use two boxes on one TV? My big screen has HDTV ready and a dual tuner (VCR or source 1 & 2).

What if I get the upgrade to DTV DVR-Tivo box and buy a second box DTV HD for the second source? MY thinking - this would give me TIVO and a game on source 1 then have the ability to watch say another football game on source 2 in HD (PIP) but mainly having the ability to watch HD and to have Tivo on the main TV used.

WHY? The singel box that has the HDTV-DVR-TIVO is $1000 bucks. If I can buy the $99 DVR box with 2 reg boxes (other rooms), at some point I can buy the HD box so I can get HDTV all for under $400.

As long as I have the right dish is any of this possible? I hope my questions are clear.

You can do this. The only differences would be you can't record Over the air (locals) HD or anything else in HD. You would only be able to record regular standard definition programming.

Other than that and having 2 receivers you won't have a problem with that set up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)