New R15-500 Software Version (10B8)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bjflynn05

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
Skipwith, VA
I just seen over at DBS Talk that Moderator Earl Bonovich has posted that software version 10B8 has started to spool to the R15-500. Here is what he says the fixes are:

"- 30 Second SLIP
Hitting the Clockwise Advance button (forward) the unit will FF exactly 30s of recorded material. It takes 2.5s to move the 30s. You can hit the button multiple times (the onscreen display will tell you how many times you hit it). 6 times will "slip" past a standard network commercial brake. Also during the movement the progress par will only remain on the screen for a few seconds.

- XM Background and Screen Saver
The XM Channels now have an updated background and now have the DirecTV Screen Saver

- XM Trick Play Improved
Some of the previously mentioned issues with Trick Play in the XM enviornment have been improved.

- Stability Fixes; Specifically (but not limited to) Find By Keyword/Title

- To Be Announced in ToDo List; Corrected (this primarily affected Local Channel Records)"

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=56291

I guess this has to do with the new deal that they signed with tivo agreeing not to take legal action on them in return for continuing to support their boxes for another three years

stellar832000 said:
I guess this has to do with the new deal that they signed with tivo agreeing not to take legal action on them in return for continuing to support their boxes for another three years

Actually... according to my DTV contact... they are not related at all.
In fact the update is only available via a forced update (the 02468 method) to primarily those out on the west coast.

I wonder how long this will take?

Thats strange I still havent gotten the upgrade, and I already tried to force it, we are usually some of the first people to get them, (well maybe not the first but surely not the last), also does anybody know what the new XM background is a picture of, it used to be a guy with a sax.

Last edited:
All I know is right now, it only appears to be people out west... and they have to force the upgrades.

As for the XM:

Here you go:

one with no info
and one with the info

Attachments

• xm_blank.jpg
    xm_blank.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 232
  • xm_info.jpg
    xm_info.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 238
Still not working on the east yet.
Pressing 02468 on my remote during the welcome screen doesn't do anything.

From what I have been told (updated today).
The release is still in very limited release. Don't expect it to hit wide distribution till at least mid-late next week.

I think this is very exciting news for the R15. This tells me they ARE taking some action to improve the unit. And over time we will see a better R15 than it has been the first year. I have the patience. I can't wait till D* makes more and more upgrades for the R15 available, hey it may surpass TiVo afterall? :) The main thing I hope they fix next would definetly be the Live Buffers...The R15 MUST have 2 live buffers running at all times to even compete with TiVo's software. If it had the 2 buffers with the 90 mins. rewind capabilties, that would blow TiVo away!

Last edited:
I wonder if they are ever going to tweak the interface again, like they did with the first update to the H20...I think the way it is right now is bad but not as bad as the standard D10's, anyone have any info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts