new receiver does not power up

hollander

Original poster
May 20, 2004
Hello all,
I am subscribed to skyangel,a couple of weeks ago my receiver would no longer turn on,(3000) I purchased what was supposed to be a brand new receiver on Ebay,and installed it tonite.When I plug it in it powers up and goes to the preview screen but the lights dont come on and none of the buttons work.Is this because the receiver has not been activated yet or did I buy a dud.(It is virtually impossible for me to buy in the u.s. as I dont have a american drivers licence becuase I live in canada)

Thanks
Hollander

you never know what you are buying on E-Bay. just because they say it is new, doesn't mean it is or anything close to new. I would move this post to the skyangel forum for more help, as that is where skyangel people go to look who needs help.

You have do get any new receiver activated on your account to get the programming that you are entitled to get. New or used, the smart card inside has to be authorized to allow reception of what you personally subscribe.

If you think about it you will realize that otherwise anybody could buy a receiver and receive all the programming available via satellite paid for or not.

You probably need to call SkyAngel and have them get EchoStar to activate the box for you.

BTW, if it was a new receiver the 1st thing you would see would be the Point Dish & Signal Screen. You would check the box for 61.5 and see if it locks on a signal >70. Then when you "cancel" out of the PD&S screen it will take a software download during which you do not want to "disturb" it.

Digital Cable and DBS

Need help with ExpressVU Setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)