New Receiver: H23 (UPDATE: Now with Pictures)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Never know ,maybe they have upped the hard drive space too. Maybe comparative to E* 722. Why not right? I'd say the time has come.
What is the difference there? I thought they both were around 50 hrs HD capacity.

That's because when the HR20 came out there was no MPEG4 HD yet. The HR20 will do 30 hours of MPEG2 HD and 50 hours of MPEG4 HD.
Thats sweet. What MPEG 2 channels are left? It still needs more capacity though. Thats only about 25 HD movies, Thats not alot if you record other things as well.

Thats sweet. What MPEG 2 channels are left? It still needs more capacity though. Thats only about 25 HD movies, Thats not alot if you record other things as well.

Well according to both websites, the 722 has 55 hours of HD and the HR has 50. So at that it IS bigger. Personally, that wouldnt be a big deal, but I can see how to some it might be important

350 SD would be nice.
Well to me, It wouldnt matter, I dont DVR any sd any more, but I can understand it if it is to you

I dont understand why with the comparable HD capacity, the sd capacity would be that different

I dont understand why with the comparable HD capacity, the sd capacity would be that different
I was going to ask you that. yea how can 5 HD hours equal 150 extra SD? Someone will know.
Yes with 2 kids and a stay at home mom, 200 sd hours don't last. I have my HR20 about filled, my 622 is almost filled as well, my 612 is still has 70% and my R16 has 85% free, but R16 is only 100 hours. I need external hard drive.

I was going to ask you that. yea how can 5 HD hours equal 150 extra SD? Someone will know.
Yes with 2 kids and a stay at home mom, 200 sd hours don't last.
Yeah if anyone can answer that we would appreciate it. Doesnt add up

I havent come close to maxing out the HD capacity on either of my HR boxes, perhaps they dont actually record 50?

Is there any reason to believe that internal BBC's will hold up better than external BBC's?

When I switched from Dish (622) I thought the HR would have approximately the same amount of storage space. I was surprised that it seemed capable of storing more. Both machines are MPEG4 capable. Is the HR2X more efficient at storing MPEG4 than the 622?

I believe the HR20 had a 280 gig drive and the HR21 has a 360 gig drive, I have both in my truck I will look at the specs on it tomorrow.

But a Terabyte drive would triple your capacity.

It was reported first few months those Hr20 had 300 GB, but ALL after that shipping with 320 GB disks.
I saw a few HR20 with 320 GB only.

Remember that a portion of any hard drive (around 50gb) is reserved for system operations and showcases. So recordable space is generally around 250gb+ without using an external drive.

Are we talking GB or billion Bytes? :)

The label on the HD will be in billions of bytes.
A GB is 1024x1024x1024 bytes. Or 1,073,741,824.

So a 300 billion byte drive is ~280GB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.