New receiver?

Shicks4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2015
Kansas
Hello everyone, I know it’s been a while but life’s been busy…

Well the day has finally come where my trusty shop receiver bit the dust. And of course wouldnt you know it we are smack in the middle of a import crisis. So here is the question, what low buck receiver is out there that’s half way ok for my shop? Not really interested in spending a lot since it is in the shop.

And this brings up my next question, in the event my linkbox decides to self destruct what is the best current replacement that has terrestrial capabilities?

Now if my c-band motors will just hang in there a while longer since it appears those are getting hard to come by.

Thanks In advance.

Hello everyone, I know it’s been a while but life’s been busy…

Well the day has finally come where my trusty shop receiver bit the dust. And of course wouldnt you know it we are smack in the middle of a import crisis. So here is the question, what low buck receiver is out there that’s half way ok for my shop? Not really interested in spending a lot since it is in the shop.

And this brings up my next question, in the event my linkbox decides to self destruct what is the best current replacement that has terrestrial capabilities?

Now if my c-band motors will just hang in there a while longer since it appears those are getting hard to come by.

Thanks In advance.
Can't do much better than this receiver, price-wise for what it includes sold by one of our moderators right here, and he gives great service after the sale: Amiko Mini HD265 FTA Receiver DVB-S2 H.265 HEVC With NTP 5999883023525 | eBay

On the amiko, is it programmed with North American satellites or do you have to manually add them? Not that it’s a huge deal to add them since I generally only “watch” stuff on about 4 C-band satellites just don’t have updated transponders as I didn’t get around to it before my receiver died

Edit: I just realized it wouldn’t matter one way or the other since a lot of stuff moved recently because of 5G.

On the amiko, is it programmed with North American satellites or do you have to manually add them? Not that it’s a huge deal to add them since I generally only “watch” stuff on about 4 C-band satellites just don’t have updated transponders as I didn’t get around to it before my receiver died

Edit: I just realized it wouldn’t matter one way or the other since a lot of stuff moved recently because of 5G.
Direct quote from the Ebay ad:

Welcome to the the Amiko Mini HD265!

With real time sync via the internet. No more incorrect clock. Clock is always correct, if internet connection is present!

Comes Loaded with North American Satellite List and Latest Firmware....Ready To Go!!!!

Direct quote from the Ebay ad:
Thanks. Though I have no internet at my shop, yet. I just watched a video on YouTube on this receiver, and it appears to be fairly solid. It’s a little more then I want to spend but I think the days of “cheap” imported receivers is a thing of the past.

The other receiver, the Edison, is way more then I’d want for the shop but I’ll have to research it for a possibility for my house. I like my linkbox 9000i local and will be a sad day if and when it dies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)