New Remonte 54.0 question?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MikeHawthorne

Original poster
Jan 2, 2018
Ada, MI 49301
Hi

I'm figuring out how to use the remote, but there is one thing that I can't figure out.
When in Guide mode how can I get the guide to advance one day?

I can advance it one hour with the right arrow key, and two hours with the forward skip key, but I can't find a way to advance to the next day?

Any help appreciated.

Mike

Reactions: EchostarFan
Hi

I'm figuring out how to use the remote, but there is one thing that I can't figure out.

I can advance it one hour with the right arrow key, and two hours with the forward skip key, but I can't find a way to advance to the next day?

Any help appreciated.

Mike
Attached is some info to help you with your 54.0 remote.

Attachments

• 54.0 Remote Buttons.pdf
    168.9 KB · Views: 381
  • 54.0 Voice Commands.pdf
    258.6 KB · Views: 239
Reactions: tetrode
Hi

The voice command for advancing the guide one day at a time is "fast forward."

Reactions: charlesrshell
Press one, press twice, press three times and throw in the trash. How is anyone going to remember different number of presses on a remote.
The press and hold has the mode for remotes at least back to the 40 remote and maybe further.

Press one, press twice, press three times and throw in the trash. How is anyone going to remember different number of presses on a remote.
This is where the voice control comes in handy. For example, getting to the Diagnostics screen takes a different number of button presses on different remotes. (Menu twice on 40.0, or Home three times on 52.0 / 54.0) However, with the 54.0, it really only takes one button press (the microphone button) while saying "System Info." If that is too complicated, another option would be to use an old 1.5 remote, which has a dedicated Sys Info button. I use both of these methods to do with a single button press what would normally take multiple button presses with other remotes. :)