Status
Please reply by conversation.

MichaelC

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 22, 2004
MA
I just purchased a new zenith remote from www.newremotecontrol.com for $44.95 including shipping. I would highly recommend them for anyone who wants an original remote for their refurbished receiver, that didn't get one. I got it in less than a week.

RS 232 control of Sat520 (and Sony HD300)

I have written a control module for 232 control of these boxes with AMX Netlinx systems. I also have the raw protocol if anyone needs it. The "Service Only" 232 port was actually there to let the old Replay TV (first DVR) remotely control the sat box and it does work with a control system. Simple Hexadecimal command set. Write me if you need it.

I got my second sat520 from Robert, with no remote. I called Zenith directly and got the remote for $40 out the door (incl. tax and shipping). Supposedly, there is a Directv remote, the RC24, which I believe is the remote for the H10, that is supposed to be programmable for the sat250. Robert at VE has it for $30, but I figured that by the time I paid shipping, etc. there wasn't that much a price differential and decided to play it safe with the original.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts