New remotes and programming question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
With my Samsung TV programmed into the 722 remote, I was able to set a sleep timmer by selecting the TV button, then pust the format button to cycle through the times. I can't seem to do this with the Hopper remote. I went through all 35 selections in the remote manager. I tried to use a code from the older remote and it wouldn't accdept it. Is this even possible with the new remotes?

Have you tried to teach the remote the sleep timer key from your old remote?

I was able to teach mine from a small HDMI switch remote.

There are on-screen instructions for learning? I see code entry on-screen but not the learning procedure. How do you get to that screen?

Well, I'm at work, but I think it was something like:

Menu --> Settings --> Remotes --> select the mode (tv, dvr, aux) --> Learn --> select add code to existing or blank out everything --> Learning screen with instructions (even artwork to show you how to point them at each other!)

I'll double check this when I get home and update with the correct wording.

Benyth said:

Menu --> Settings --> Remotes --> select the mode (tv, dvr, aux) --> Learn --> select add code to existing or blank out everything --> Learning screen with instructions (even artwork to show you how to point them at each other!)

Found it. I will try it later after the youngens are in bed. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Benyth said:

It worked like a champ. Thank you so very much. I can't say enough how valuable this site and it's members are!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Okay so I had the same issue with a Samsung remote (looking for the sleep timer). I found this thread and followed the steps for it to "learn" that function. It learned it on that one key but then knocked out all the other functionality of the remote controlling the TV (such as On/Off). Did I miss a step or do something wrong?

Okay so I had the same issue with a Samsung remote (looking for the sleep timer). I found this thread and followed the steps for it to "learn" that function. It learned it on that one key but then knocked out all the other functionality of the remote controlling the TV (such as On/Off). Did I miss a step or do something wrong?

When you do the learning function, there should be an option to add a command to the existing remote functions. There's also an option to start from a blank slate (wiping out the remote code). Make sure to pick the first one

That worked but I did notice something odd. Once I had it learn an additional key it no longer gave me the floating screen warning me that I was off of the satellite input even thought that was still enabled. Not a big deal but I did think that was odd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts