NEW REMOTES

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nrholland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Tampa Bay Area
Does anyone know about the new remotes that they showed on the last tech forum? I get the impression that they will read the code in any remotes and accept it, unlike the current remotes they use today that only work with the codes that are already put into them. Will the new remotes work with 722 and 622 DVRS?

:confused:

Last edited:
I imagine in December before Christmas they will put them on sale, just like the new722k. They are supposed to sell for $19.99 each if what I remember from the tech chat.

I have already seen and used these new remotes, they come in the 222k receiver which I have installed twice. They have preset codes that are just as easy to program in as the old remote, but if there is no code, and the customer has the original remote, it can learn power and volume commands from the original remote. I have not had the chance to play with the second part yet, as all of the ones I have put in have had codes for the TVs, and I really don't have time during an install to be playing with the remote a whole lot. When I know more, I'll post more.

I have already seen and used these new remotes, they come in the 222k receiver which I have installed twice. They have preset codes that are just as easy to program in as the old remote, but if there is no code, and the customer has the original remote, it can learn power and volume commands from the original remote. I have not had the chance to play with the second part yet, as all of the ones I have put in have had codes for the TVs, and I really don't have time during an install to be playing with the remote a whole lot. When I know more, I'll post more.

This is the "technician" part of me...but the best part of the new remotes are the placement of the G*D*mn "Dish" button. Finally!! Dish got it right and put the sucker at the bottom of the remote and made it much smaller. Less chance of accidentally hitting it and causing unwanted troublecalls.

There is already a solution for this problem it is called Harmony.
They have a whole range of prices and they work very well.

I love Harmony, they are great technology. However, for me this is a great solution. My upstairs TV is an Olevia that doesn't work with the current Dish remotes and is also UHF to the receiver. Short of IR senders a Harmony will not work for me, so a learning Dish remote is great.

I love Harmony, they are great technology. However, for me this is a great solution. My upstairs TV is an Olevia that doesn't work with the current Dish remotes and is also UHF to the receiver. Short of IR senders a Harmony will not work for me, so a learning Dish remote is great.

I'll second that! I hate having to use Harmony's in my guest bedrooms. I always have to explain how to use it to my guests. I will happily trash my 520s when the new remotes are released.

Plus you probably couldn't get a Harmony for $19.99.

+1. I won't pay over $100 for something I can already do with my regular remotes. But I'll pay $20 so I can do simple things like control my receiver volume with the Dish remote and turn my TV on and off, since the current remotes lack codes for my TV.

Will existing 622's, 722's, and 612's be able to do a "memory dump" to the new remotes, like the 722k's will? I'm sure this would take at least a software update, but will the hardware work?

Brad

I'll second that! I hate having to use Harmony's in my guest bedrooms. I always have to explain how to use it to my guests. I will happily trash my 520s when the new remotes are released.

I'll THIRD it! I have 2 Olevia's. The problem is solved for one (242T) via an inexpensive Sony learning remote because it resides in the same room as its' 622. The other one is waiting on the new remote 'cause its' 722 is in another room. Gotta use 2 remotes as it is now for that one. PITA The Olevia remote(IR) from the 247TFHD WILL control the 722--IF you're in the same room.
Can't wait for the new ones to be released..........S O O N.:rolleyes: Guess I'll have to, lol.

Ed

This is the "technician" part of me...but the best part of the new remotes are the placement of the G*D*mn "Dish" button. Finally!! Dish got it right and put the sucker at the bottom of the remote and made it much smaller. Less chance of accidentally hitting it and causing unwanted troublecalls.

Truest statement of all.

Now if Dish would only come out with a remote for the technology challenged. Just a on/off button, channel up/down button and a volume button. This remote would save me a lot of service calls to reprogram peoples remotes.

I recall a couple years ago the type of remote has been announced by Dish.
Perhaps EKB have pictures. Boba ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)